Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audio distortion in all songs

Audio distortion in all songs

Hello everyone,

I have a problem which has annoyed me for more than a year now which makes the music listening with the desktop app almost unusable. After any song playing for around 1 minute, the audio gets distorted / crumbles (like in the attached MP3) for around 1 second, resumes for 1 second and then crumble again until I skip to the next song or pause and resume it. I have tried the following things:

- restart Spotify

- restart computer

- reinstall windows 10 (clean)

- reinstalled/uninstalled audio driver

- tried different spotify settings

- tried different windows settings

- switching accounts

I only have this problem on my main PC and not on my laptop. I have had this problem since I switched from Intel to AMD (Ryzen R5 1600 on an Asus B350 Mainboard).

Has somebody experienced this problem themselves or has a solution for me to try? I've searched all around the internet but haven't found anything that describes my problem. Thanks in advance 🙂

Plan

Premium

Country

Austria

Device

Custom-built PC

Operating System

Windows 10

22 Replies

Hi,

CPU and GPU clocking is so common these days that some fabricants deliver their products pre-clocked (usually marked "OC").

I can also bet that your developers are working on OCd systems, maybe without knowing it.

So if overclocking a brand new CPU breaks the App then Id be very surprised.

That being said, I havent had a chance to stresstest the cpu and run Spotify yet so have to confirm that is the problem first.

Okay so, 

since last time I've re-installed windows (I swapped my nVME 3.0 SSDs to 4.0 ones) and I haven't had a problem since last post.

With that, I mean that I both had about a week of no-bug spotify before reinstall and about 3 days now after.

God only knows what made the distortion to the songs, but I can't recreate it so I'm at a loss.

If someone comes over this thread and has the same problems - try;

1) Running spotify webplayer and see if problem persists

2) if you're running a USB headset - swap from USB to Jack-in

3) if you're running AMD-based Zen3 prosessors (basically if you bought it from 2017 and later) - update your Motherboard chipset + audio drivers 

4) If you're overclocking - take it down to normal clock

5) if you are the messiah and find the answer, let us know.

Hi I have a Mac OS Monterey 12.6.7.I have family premium...I have the Spotify app downloaded on my desktop and connected by my wifi which is my best signal. The sound on my Spotify is unlistenable. Every song is completely and grossly distorted.. If I open YouTube or Apple Music the sound is much better. I have tried

Restarting and updating Mac, clean uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify, 

Canceling my account and opening a new one

Adjusting all Spotify settings

creating a new admin user on my mac

Spotify support tells me to call record labels which is absurd. First of all the sound is fine as I said on other formats but how can I call every single record company and tell them I'm unhappy with Spotify? That is nonsense. Its been 2 months and I'm paying nd sup[port tells me they are working on it. Does anyone have any advice

Suggested posts