Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audio from music video / songs cut off

Solved!

Audio from music video / songs cut off

So...

I don't know whats happening, but I listen to Spotify on my PC and some of the songs seem to play the audio from the music video. What I mean by that is if there is something that happens in the video, like someone speaking before the song or something like that, it seems to be in my song. The 3 songs I've found with this problem so far are:

State of my head, Shinedown

Where did the party go, Fall Out Boy

Emperors New Clothes, Panic At The Disco

My example is when State of my Head starts, it is the lead singer of the band talking, like he does so in the Music Video

That doesn't seem to bad though, right? Well it gets worse.

The music video is 4 minutes and 2 seconds long. You'd think if the audio is coming from the video, it would be that length as well. Nope, for some reason that song only lasts exactly 1 minute then gets abruptly cut off. I really don't know whats going on.

I tried listening to music on my phone and the problem doesn't seem to exist there. It plays just fine. I have Spotify Premium and all the files are from spotify, not imported from the computer. 

Thank you for your time.

-Michael C
Screenshot_1.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@miklchester when i listen to that track, the audio is normal.

perhaps there is a local error with a youtube mp3 you've got elsewhere?

here are some useful troubleshooting steps that resolve most playback issues:

• first i'd suggest you uninstall the app, restart your device(s) and then re-install.
  • next, you can sign out of all devices here.
  • clear the cache for the app.
  • try listening on a different device to see if the same problem occurs (if it doesn't, then it's your desktop app)

let me know if that helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

@miklchester when i listen to that track, the audio is normal.

perhaps there is a local error with a youtube mp3 you've got elsewhere?

here are some useful troubleshooting steps that resolve most playback issues:

• first i'd suggest you uninstall the app, restart your device(s) and then re-install.
  • next, you can sign out of all devices here.
  • clear the cache for the app.
  • try listening on a different device to see if the same problem occurs (if it doesn't, then it's your desktop app)

let me know if that helps!

I found the problem. I don't know why the problem exists, but I found it. 

So the other day I was trying to get my music on a family members phone. Since you can't get spotify music as MP3, I used a program that found all the songs and made them into a YouTube playlist, then I used a YouTube playlist downloader to download them as MP3's. Apperently for some reason when I did that and the music files were saved in my music folder, Spotify found the need to use them? I did as you said and uninstalled, restarted my computer and reinstalled, but the problem still existed; then I went to the music folder and got the error message attached down below. I exited Spotify and was able to delete the MP3 files, which fixed the files in spotify itself. Anyone know why it would've done that? I never imported the music so I don't know why it brought it upon itself to use that music, let alone the fact that the MP3 file was more than 1 minute long. 

Thank you for the help.

-Michael C
Screenshot_2.png

@miklchester glad it was an mp3! makes the solution easier.

if it's based off a spotify track originally, perhaps it still carries a signature spotify is used to treating as its own file.

Suggested posts