Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Auto-play not working

Auto-play not working

Auto-play is enabled, but Spotify won't play anything after the playlist ends!

EDIT: Tried reinstalling Spotify, it didn't work.

Spotify Free Version: 1.0.86.337.ga8d5cef9

4 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

As I said, I already tried reinstalling and restarting. Also, the OS and Spotify version is at the post. Right now I'm just guessing this is an automated message...

Hey @thinking_kiwi,

It's not an automated message…

You just didn't read the post with the steps because you thought it would be the same steps you took but it's a more advanced guide. 

Please make sure you have Enabled Autoplay in settings and maybe try to turn in off and back on to see if that helps 🙂

Let me know how it goes.

wrote:

Hey @thinking_kiwi,

It's not an automated message…

You just didn't read the post with the steps because you thought it would be the same steps you took but it's a more advanced guide. 

Please make sure you have Enabled Autoplay in settings and maybe try to turn in off and back on to see if that helps 🙂

Let me know how it goes.

Turning the setting off and on again was the first thing I've tried.

And I've already done the clean uninstallation (that you also recommended to someone else who was having the same problem, which is why I thought that was an automated message since you used the exact same wording) which is what I meant when I said I already tried reinstalling. 

The other person also said that the way they solved it was downgrading their spotify version. Which I don't know how to do since I don't know where to find the old installation file.

This is probably a problem with the latest update, since I didn't have problems with the setting before it was released.

Suggested posts