Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Awful and after some time maddening behaviour of Spotify startup functionality.

Awful and after some time maddening behaviour of Spotify startup functionality.

Plan

Premium

Country

Slovakia

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Yes, I searched and this seems to be a reappearing issue.

No matter how many times I set Spotify NOT to run on Windows start, it will not startup maybe a few times, but then starts to do it again. And I'm not talking about after a weeks, but like after 2-3 restarts. Often times it will only help if I turn the startup on and then off. Again, this will last a few restarts and we are back to startup.

Seeing this happening across users and all the time, I have come to conclusion that there are only two reasons why this is happening:

1.) Spotify has very, very unskilled programmers who can't really figure out the startup thing

2.) Spotify is doing this on purpose along the lines of marketing and being in front of your eyes as often as possible.

After a few years of premium, I'm seriously looking into less obtrusive music streaming.

So my question is, will ever Spotify fix this unfriendly behavior in close future with a lasting effect or em I better starting to pack and leave?

Thanks

6 Replies

Hi!
As far as I can tell this isn't being reported by other users (and mine starts fine every morning). I'm guessing it's a conflict on your machine within the start up routine.

Try doing a complete clean install, instructions here:- https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p...

let us know how you get on 🙂

Hello and thanks.

Unfortunately I have this issue for a years now. I did different reinstalls and recommended steps. I'm experiencing this issue on two different computers (work, home). Spotify is the only one app of many I use that has issue with startup.

I can't believe there isn't something fishy going on.

OK I've just done a bit of searching on the forums, try this:-

In this case, we'd like you to try the following steps:

1. Go to Task Manager and kill SpotifyWebHelper.exe process.
  2. Go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Spotify and delete SpotifyWebHelper.exe.
  3. Go to MSCONFIG and make sure Spotify is ENABLED under the Startup tab
  4. Restart your PC and see if the issue persists.

Not sure if it will help but have a go 🙂 

Hi, many thanks, but I already tried that. Though I don't have spotify in the "msconfig/startup".

perhaps contact support direct using this form to see if they can help? https://support.spotify.com/uk/contact-spotify-support/

Thanks, I will try.

Suggested posts