Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BUG] Desktop client unable to play next song after playing local file

[BUG] Desktop client unable to play next song after playing local file

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Desktop PC running 1.0.85.257.g0f8531bd (Windows Store version)

Operating System

Windows 10 Version 10.0.17134 Build 1713

My Question or Issue

Recently I've been having an issue (past one or two months) where Spotify is unable to play the following song in queue after playing a local file and the process will eventually be killed (1min delay or so).

It occurs in the following situations,

1. A playlist that contains local files and music from spotify is playing. Spotify can transition from an online file to a local file fine, but when the local file is almost finished playing, the audio will stop, spotify will report that it cannot play the current song (blue banner accross top of the GUI) and if another song isn't manually chosen the process dies.

2. In a playlist of pure local files, spotify will play the initially choosen track but then be unable to play the next.

I've tried the following troubleshooting options,

• Attempted to manually queue a track after a localfile
  • Tried running a play list with/without loop and shuffle
  • Verified that the following song is actually playable
  • Performed clean reinstalled of both the windows store and spotify clients

Currently, the only way to play the track following a local file is to manually tell spotfiy to go the next track.

Has anyone else experience this issue?

2 Replies

Hey @esskay94, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your local files. We'll definitely be able to help out though 🙂

Try changing the file type of a local file to see if the issue persists after that song is done playing. You can find the supported file types here.

Hope that helps 🙂

Hi Sergio,

Files are mp3 files. The one thing I don't understand is that files used to work fine in Spotify. Currently they will play and go to the next file in windows media player but not Spotify. Nothing has changed regarding the files in that time, only windows updates and spotify updates.

I'll alaso add that local files play fine on my phone and transition to the next fileas normal

Suggested posts