[BUG] Hide this song not working

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The hide this song button has not been working for a couple days now, when I use it I get a "something went wrong. Try again later" message. The song greys out but will continue to play if selected. I've tried it from a couple different computers now.

SpotifyThing.gif

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello everyone,

I believe the issue in this topic is related to another post here. It is still under investigation but the latest release on desktop should not have the issue anymore. The said issue concerns playlists within the Made For You section.

Another issue that is similar but likely different concerns playlist radios. The "Hide this song" button does not respond at all. There is no separate post about that yet to my knowledge.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

18 Replies

I am also having this exact same issue. This does work on iOS though, but not the windows 10 version. This has been occuring for several weeks now and is still occuring despite an update.

m not even getting the option to hide a song!

The "No Like " icon is not showing up at all!

Any Suggestions?

I wish to make a correction.  Previously,  I said the "no-like" icon wasn't displaying in my "made for you" playlists.  This was true for listening to a saved playlist.  I switched to the radio playlist and then I saw the icon for disliking a song,  however,  IT DIDN'T WORK!  I get no option when I left click or right click it with the mouse.  Nothing! 

I did notice that while on my mobile phone and listening in my car,  I can dislike a song and have it play the next song in the playlist. 

I'm thinking that the programmers need to undo the changes to the pc computer program or fix it so we can have the pleasure of disliking a song on the desktop computer. 

I have the same issue on Windows 10.

I've had this problem for a few days now as well. 

Same here - I've actually been using my phone to dislike the songs (which is working) since the recent update, so I'm guessing it's a Windows thing.

Just updated today to latest version, things appear to be working as they should for now.

Marked as solution

Hello everyone,

I believe the issue in this topic is related to another post here. It is still under investigation but the latest release on desktop should not have the issue anymore. The said issue concerns playlists within the Made For You section.

Another issue that is similar but likely different concerns playlist radios. The "Hide this song" button does not respond at all. There is no separate post about that yet to my knowledge.

Hope this helps!

This is absolutly no help 

I still can't use "Hide this Song" icon

Will someone please help fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi @nickcoss40,

The issue you are experiencing doesn't sound like the one in the original post above here. Please check the current ongoing topics to see if anyone else is experiencing this at the moment and respond there. If there is no post similar to your issue, create a new post so we can help you!

As an additional tip, please check which version of Spotify you are using and include that in the post, as well as the exact steps you perform to reproduce the issue. That way people here will have more info to help you resolve it.

This is NOT solved! It's lame that this fake solution sticks around and doesn't help anyone.

As many of the Spotify issues, solving them seems like mission impossible...

Spotify must be making a fortune with the worldwide subscriptions but that is not reflected in the application which is devoid of features.

Spotify seems to remove features, or not add them in the first place, rather than make them 'options', i.e. allowing the user to select an 'option' or not. My assumption here is that they may not wish to over complicate the application for its vast majority of users.

I realise that there are variations of Spotify across a number of operating systems but they do seem to struggle syncing them across all versions. This may be a fault in how Spotify releases software with not enough resources and time spent on ensuring consistency and leaves it to the users to 'test' Spotify. Spotify being inconsistent across operating systems causes a lot of grief as can be witnessed in Spotify forums, e.g. being able to achieve a task in IOS but not on Windows 10 is confusing and irritating.

I do not know how Spotify gauges the release of software, to determine if a change has caused issues, but it is obvious that a few disgruntled customers is of little concern to them and if users do not abandon Spotify in droves then, to them, all must be well. Possibly this is because there is no better product with smaller fees available unless someone can tell me different.

Hello skind56 and others,

The issue mentioned by the original poster has been resolved, as can be seen in the article that I've linked to in my answer. I also mentioned that a very similar problem did still exist for which I haven't found another post. I haven't been active here since the last post, so I do not know the status of the unrelated and previously unsolved issue.

Please note the issues are very similar, but different none the less. In resolving technical problems, details are key and patience is your friend.

If you have any issues with the software, I would recommend to create a new detailed post and cooperate with Spotify devs/support. In my experience they are very helpful and do work on the existing issues that are reported by users. Posting in a discussion where the original problem has already been resolved is less likely to catch their eye. Additionally, the community is here to help you if they can, make the best use of it ;-).

Kind regards

This feature doenst exists on macOS. Why?

@Shuidong, your link to the other post does't solve my issue.

i cannot hide songs outside of my discover weekly, despite being given the option! frustrating to hear the same song over and over, especially in the radio to a playlist and i dont like the song at all.

Just signed up with a premium membership and the hide button isn't working.  Not only that, I found a greyed out song that I did not hide and can not make it "un-hidden," so the button does not seem to work in either direction!

Hi Cascadia
For greyed out songs this could be due to the following reason:
'The greyed out tracks just mean that for whatever reason, they are unavailable in your country. This could be due to licensing or the request of the record label or artist. Unfortunately, this is something that Spotify doesn't have control over as it is up to the individual music companies.'
https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Song-unavailable/m-p/4816230#M116310

Suggested posts