Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BUG] Podcasts that are paused and then resumed jump back to where you *originally* started.

[BUG] Podcasts that are paused and then resumed jump back to where you *originally* started.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

PC

Operating System

Win7

My Question or Issue

When you listen to a podcast and pause it, about 50% of the time the podcast jumps backwards to where you had originally started- it won't resume right where you paused. Some sort of weird syncing issue with the server?

4 Replies

Hey @AWOLtrooper, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with this. How long has it been going on for? Does it happen with random podcasts or specific ones?

Also, if you haven't already done so, try a clean reinstall to see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Confirming I also have been experiencing this issue for about 2-3 months now.

I'm running iOS 11.4 on an iPhone SE, Spotify version 8.4.61.719.

I will start a podcast episode, play for about 20-30 min, pause, then return to play more in as little as an hour or so sometimes. It will still show the episode up, and sometimes the marker will even be in the correct position where I left off, but as soon as I click play, it restarts the episode.

I'd say this has happened to me at least a dozen times now. I honestly like that Spotify incorporated podcasts, but this bug seriously makes me consider going back to another podcast app and I hate that.

Seems to happen with every podcast 50% of the time. It isn't related to my install- I do IT and a clean install was my first go-to for a fix. [not a client-side issue either as it happens on iOS and Android as well] It must be an issue with the sync function that Spotify employs. When it *works* it's great; I can stop a podcast on one device and pick right up on another, but often it doesn't sync correctly, essentially "forgetting" that I had listened to a portion and starting at the original, pre-progress playing point. [Note: This example includes multiple devices to show how it should work, but my original issue is, in fact, occuring on one singular device]

This plus the inability to play podcasts offline in desktop mode [seriously Spotify, wth?] is definitely making me go back to Clementine- The clunky interface is too tedious and I'm just tired of losing my progress and needing to search a whole podcast to find out where I was.

Why is an open-source media player better at it's job than a multi-billion dollar company?

Your job is to play media. Just play my media.

I'm over it- there's no excuse.

Suggested posts