Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

BUG: discover page redrawing/flickering on show

BUG: discover page redrawing/flickering on show

The discover page ( i just upgraded to windows 10 not sure if that's why or a spotify client issue)

When hiding and showing the window while discover page open:

The window flickers / redraws / resizes the viewport.  So everything disappears then reappears again.

I have attached a GIF to demonstrate the issue.

Please fix, thanks.

spotify-bug2.gif
6 Replies

@user-removed

Hello:

That is odd behaviour. If you could can you describe from which system you upgraded from Home or Pro Windows 7 or 8.1 to whichever Windows 10 version you upgraded to? What Spotify App version is doing this behaviour?

For example I upgraded Windows from a Windows 8.1 Home to a Windows 10 home version.

I was using the newest Spotify app version 1.0.10.104.ge563a026-136 in a Windows 10 Pro version upgraded from a Preview build on a clean partition, so the newer Spotify App should run fine on Windows 10. You might try going into the Preferences and playing around with turning off the hardware acceleration option and see if there are any changes.

Also you might try doing a fresh clean reinstall, by uninstall the Spotify desktop app and removing all Spotify folders left behind, and then reinstalling and see if the same behaviour happens again?

Hi,

I will try the reinstall now. Version I am using is 1.0.11.134.ga37df67b

Upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1. Issue did not occur in 8.1 but could also
have been one of the Spotify updates since then.

I am assuming I will need to delete : \AppData\Roaming\Spotify

Are there other folders I need to remove?

I have tried disabling hardware acceleration and also compatibility mode for
windows 8 and 7.

It seems like the embedded browser viewport is resizing dimensions
unnecessarily. (I think UI is web based on Spotify, right? It seems not
fast enough to be native. Just guessing.) I 'll let you know if reinstall
fixes.

Thanks,

Darren

happening to me as well, Win 10 Pro... no Win upgrade lately, using Win 10 Pro RTM as Insider since 16.07.2015... This issue started I think after last update to 1.0.11.134.ga37df67b

@user-removed

Yes there should also be a Spotify folder under \AppData\Local\Spotify as well. That holds you offline content and all, so you will need to offline again if you remove it as any content you had will be gone and need to offline again. But if the new app is doing this, ecks, another poster just posted issues on a Windows Pro RTM from insider preview so I do not know. Might have to wait for more reports so this can be escalated and looked into. Just for curiousity sakes if you can not get this to work the new app version to work, what happens if you roll back to a late 0.9 app version does everything run fine then?

After testing and doing complete reinstall and removing Appdata folders I can confirm that this issue is related to the latest version of Spotify; perhaps just the client or perhaps how it interacts with Windows 10; maybe to do with changes to Windows 10's changes to built in webview, or maybe in client itself.  Since it's not open source, what else can I say

It only occurs when window is not maximized, although you can see in both cases it occurs when the viewport attempts to resize itself.  Previous versions of client do not do it, nor does linux version.

I hope it gets fixed, good luck.

This is also happening to me! Any solutions?

Suggested posts