Step 1

NEXT STEP

Back & Forward Shortcuts ( Alt+Left & Alt+Right) dont work any more

Back & Forward Shortcuts ( Alt+Left & Alt+Right) dont work any more

Operating System

Windows 10

Spotify 1.1.46.916.g416cacf1-a

My Question or Issue

Since this Version the Keyboard Shortcuts for the "Go Back" & "Go Forward" ( Alt+Left & Alt+Right) dont work any more.

This is annoying because some (like me) use Mouse Gestures to navigate the playlists, Artist pages, Album Pages. Others might have these Shortcuts on their mouse buttons and are also affected.

Please fix oder advice a workaround.

Thanks Günther

7 Replies

Hey @limex,

Thanks posting here in the Community! 

If the shortcuts don't act as expected it's a good idea to clean reinstall Spotify on the device where this occurs. This step lets you start afresh with the latest app version by removing any corrupted files from previous installations.

If that doesn't fix things, could you let us know if you can replicate the issue when logging in to another account or on another device?

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I also am unable to go Back to the previous page using the keyboard shortcut, as of this version. Forward also doesn't work. I used to use these a lot, especially as there's no way to show multiple pages at once or open multiple tabs.

I noticed in the new keyboard shortcuts list modal that, under Navigation, "Back in history" and "Forward in history" are now Ctrl+Alt+Left and Ctrl+Alt+Right respectively. This doesn't work either. Anyway, I preferred just Alt so that it is the same as the web browsers. 

Hey @RyanCu,

Thanks for posting.

We'd appreciate it if you also try with another account or on another device and see if the shortcuts work there. Please include the Spotify app version of the devices you've tried it on. Gathering this info helps the troubleshooting process so that we may get to the bottom of this quicker.

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

Hi,

thanks for your answer. But the clean install of version 1.1.46.916.g416cacf1-a did not solve the issue.

> If that doesn't fix things, could you let us know if you can replicate the issue when logging in to another account or on another device?
No, i have no other devices around. 
Could you check if YOU are able to use the Shortcuts on YOUR device (if you have a Win10 Device) ?

Seriously: I bet this in not an issue related to my ACCOUNT, it is a general issue related to the Spotify VERSION.

Hey @limex,

Thanks for getting back to us.

It seems  that you’re seeing the new desktop client we're trying out and that's the reason why you can't use the option to use the keyboard shortcuts. The thread in the Community that you posted is where you can share your thought and give feedback on how you feel about the new design. Our team is always trying to improve the user experience and any thoughts on how to make it better are more than welcome. 

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator

(Mihael, please take "you" to mean "Spotify".)
I knew there was nothing wrong with my device. Why didn't you try to reproduce the bug I reported to you before telling me I need to do this pointless "find another computer" stuff? And now I have to use a special thread if I want to post anything? It's not my fault I'm suddenly stuck with the new desktop client. I resent being conscripted into doing Spotify's beta testing for them. This is no way to treat paying customers. Do your own beta testing before inflecting your half cooked releases on us! If you really want me to do some beta testing for you, please negotiate with me a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Suggested posts