Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Band had Related Artists, and suddenly the tab and info has disappeared

Band had Related Artists, and suddenly the tab and info has disappeared

My band The Silence Kit has had a Related Artists page for the last 2 years or so, although the artists weren't terribly similar until recently. 2 weeks ago I checked it and was excited to see many of our influences were now in the Related Artists section. You can see the attached screenshot - The Smiths, PJ Harvey, Sonic Youth and more were in there. This was really encouraging! Today when I checked The Silence Kit page the Related Artists tab and all info was gone completely. Obviously, this is distressing. Can you please look into what happened and bring the Related Artists tab back?

This issue (the disappearance) has been verified on Mac, Windows and Android.

spotifyrelated.jpg

4 Replies

Hello and welcome:

It looks like you are not the only one, there was another post about an artist related artist tab page gone as well and that artist had a low following count. You might try contacting customer service. Please go to this url

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

and fill out the contact form. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community boards reply back to that email, even if it is from a noreply and a customer support rep will get with you shortly. There is also Twitter if you prefer that contact method @SpotifyCares

Hi!

Thanks for your report!

The team responsible for the data/algorithms backing the related artists tab have been informed about what has happend. They will look into any recent changes to their algorithms and see if something has snuck in that shouldn't be there.

Please notice that this unfortunately does not guaruantee that the tab will reappear since not all artists get a related artists tab.

Best regards

I just want to let you know that I'm having exactly the same issue with my related artists page - it suddenly disappeared!

The artist name is Felix Dames

After waiting for some months to get enough followers and play counts I finally got a related artists page a month ago with a very good match of artists. That made me really happy but now it's all gone again?

Thanks for checking if something went wrong with the algorithms.

Sorry for a little bit of double posting here and there

@genomelak

genomelak wrote:

Please notice that this unfortunately does not guaruantee that the tab will reappear since not all artists get a related artists tab

genomelak do you know what the criteria is to get a related artist page since not every artist get one?

Follower? Play counts? Different user play counts?

Thanks

Suggested posts