Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Prior to this month, when I sorted a playlist alphabetically by Artist, bands with "The" at the beginning of the band name would be sorted with the first letter of the word following the "The" (e.g., "The Beatles" would be sorted with the Bs, "The Rolling Stones" would be sorted with the Rs, "The Killers" would be sorted with Ks, and so on). Lately, however, bands with "The" in the title are being sorted with the Ts. This has been extremely confusing to adjust to after years of of sorting the other way. Is there a setting I need to select to adjust it back to the old way, is this an error in Spotify's latest update, or is this just the way we're stuck sorting bands from now on? Please advise! Thanks!

1 Reply

Hey there @Azzip90,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

This sounds like the issue described in this thread.

If so, keep in mind that we've passed this on to the right teams and they'll look into it. 

While we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Hope this helps clarify things! However, don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts