Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Banner Ads Playing Sound Over Music

Banner Ads Playing Sound Over Music

The advertisements which play between songs are fine.  However, there has been at least one banner ad which has played sound while I was listening to music.  That is unacceptable.  I think it was a Tyson's ad.  I don't have a problem with ads, per se, I understand that money needs to be made.  But if ads are playing sound *during* the music, then that obviously seriously degrades the Spotify experience.

4 Replies

They shouldn't be doing this, also most banner ads having music in the ad itself. Usually its a hit song or a catchy well known song. If this is the case than mark it as a solution.

I am not talking about the ads which interrupt a playlist and play between songs.  I am talking about ads which play sound during songs.  I just had the same ad do the same annoying thing.  It is a Tyson ad.  It pops up just a tad (you can hit the 'x' to close it but it usually pops up one or two more times immediately and you have to close it again and again) and plays some commercial tune even though my playlist is still playing.

Needless to say, this doesn't sell me on Tyson products and it doesn't make my Spotify experience enjoyable when I have to close this thing multiple times just to shut it up.

Is there a way to complain directly to Spotify about this?  Do they even read these boards at all?  I haven't found any way to contact them.

i found that if you just click onto the video part of the banner itself, not the x but the actual playing video, it freezes it and stops playing without it coming back again.

Suggested posts