Black Screen for Spotify Win 10 App

Plan

Premium

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Spotify app in Win 10 has black screen issue for over 3 months. I tried every methods (listed below). None of it works. I'm really sick of the flawed design of the app.

- Uninstalled, deleted every Spotify folders from AppData\Local and AppData\Roaming, turned off PC, and reinstalled from Spotify website (and run it under Admin mode)

- Disabled hardware acceleration

- Add http://spclient.wg.spotify.com to the firewall/anti-virus app.

This is getting really ridiculous.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @yjchyan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. You've done a real good job when it comes the the troubleshooting.

The right teams at Spotify are informed about this as you're not the only one with this experience. We don't have official info yet on when this will be resolved, but we recommend keeping an eye on the thread here, as well as keeping your app up to date so you don’t miss any upcoming fix in future releases.

Hope this situation gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @yjchyan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. You've done a real good job when it comes the the troubleshooting.

The right teams at Spotify are informed about this as you're not the only one with this experience. We don't have official info yet on when this will be resolved, but we recommend keeping an eye on the thread here, as well as keeping your app up to date so you don’t miss any upcoming fix in future releases.

Hope this situation gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

This works! Thank you. 

At the same time, I'm surprised that it's been a year and no one at Spotify is willing to fix this simple issue. It pretty much says a lot about the company -- They are willing to spend millions of dollars on Racists Joe Rogan and defending him, but unwilling to spend a few minutes fixing a major technical issue for its customers.  Pretty Shameful.

Suggested posts