Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Lenovo

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

How can you block ( ausblenden ) Songs on the Spotify Windows 10 PC App? There is no "-" or Dislike Button available

4 Replies

Hey there @gunposer!

Thanks for writing on the Community about this!

Currently, it's not possible to dislike songs/remove them from a playlist that isn't yours on the desktop app. You can only do that if you get the song in a personalized playlist - like a Daily Mix, Discover Weekly, etc. 

If you have the option, you can remove it from Spotify's or other users' playlists on mobile. You need to find the song and go to the 3-dot menu > Hide this song.

We have an idea about this here. Feel free to show your support for it by voting and commenting.

Hope this info helps 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Totally agree with this idea. It's pretty nuts that you can't hide a song from an Artist. If I go to Brian Wilson's artist page and click Play, I end up having to skip past some of the over 200 German language podcast tracks that have somehow been classified as a Brian Wilson album by Spotify (see bottom left corner of the screenshot as an example). I can't understand German so these tracks are doubly worthless. They're also podcasts rather than songs so the pain is multiplied.  

I can't hide ANY of those tracks (or even other English language ones that I might not want) without having to create my own dedicated playlist as a workaround. 

Too bad spotify doesn't have a Hide option for the desktop (Version 1.1.63.568.gda8cb5ac-a)

BrianWilson-Spotify.jpg

3 years later... spotify doesnt care about quality of life or user satisfaction, just pushing their algorithms...

Have the same issue, hate couple of songs but cannot ban them so need to listen for them for over and over. 

Suggested posts