Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth Connettion to headphones ended -> Spotify will START playing music via speakers

Bluetooth Connettion to headphones ended -> Spotify will START playing music via speakers

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Bluetooth connection with NuraPhones

Operating System

Windows 10 (1809)

My Question or Issue

1) playing music via Nuraphones (bluetooth)
2) Press PAUSE on Spotify
3) Remove headphones and put them on table -> they automatically shut down ->

4) Press WinKey+L for putting a lockscreen (e.g. going to a lunch brake)
5) Bluetooth connection is terminated automatically (because headphones are not in use) ->

6) Spotify starts playing music via (laptop) speakers

7) CoWorkers get irritated.

Expected result:
Music should not start as it was set as PAUSE and coworkers would not get irritated :<

4 Replies

In addition to this!

Spotify might start playing when screen goes blank.

When I come back, music is playing -> it stops immediately when I press a button and screen is revived.

This might be the case for me too. Screen is black when I come back and music is played. If I press a button to refresh screen, music stops.

Hey @KaroHolmberg.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and sorry for the late reply!

If you're still experiencing this issue on the latest Spotify version, could you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in your desktop app settings and see if that changes anything for you?

If not, then given that this is a work computer, your company's firewall settings might be interfering with the app and the way it behaves. If it's not possible to make Spotify an exception, then we suggest you try using the web player instead.

In any case, we'll be looking out for your reply 🙂

I have this issue too with a Bose SoundLink Mini. I just tested the black screen theory, and this disconnect-play behavior still happens even when the screen is on and the computer is active. 

1) Connect my bluetooth speaker

2) Play spotify through speaker

3) Pause spotify

4) Turn off Bluetooth Speaker

5) Spotify starts playing on its own

I turned off Hardware Acceleration in the Spotify Desktop settings, and restarted Spotify and tried this all again and it made no difference. This is still an issue 😞

Suggested posts