Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth/USB DAC notifications causing tracks to pause

Bluetooth/USB DAC notifications causing tracks to pause

Plan

Premium

Country

USA 

Device

Razerblade laptop/HTC U11 phone/Ear Studio ES100 DAC

Operating System

Windows 10/Android Oreo 8.0.0

Spotify Version

1.0.85.257.g0f8531bd

My Question or Issue

I also sent this to Ear Studio's support email address:  I have the ES100 connected to my laptop via USB and the ES100 is also paired with my phone over bluetooth.  When I get a notification on my phone,  the track I'm listening to on the Spotify Desktop application  pauses while the notification tone is played.  With other apps such as iTunes or media players embedded in chrome,  the audio fades back in.  With Spotify,  I have to switch to the spotify app and click on the Play button to continue listening to the track.

3 Replies

Hey @vanomania, welcome to the Community!

Just to confirm, is your Spotify app also open and logged into your account on the phone while you listen to music on your laptop? If so, try to completely close the Spotify app, or log out of your account before testing this again.

I think that the apps might be linked via Spotify Connect which could be causing this behaviour.

Let us know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

After logging out of the app on my phone and then playing a track on the desktop,  I forced a notification and the tone played and the track continued and faded back in.  Logging back into the app on my phone reverted to the undesired behavior of the track being paused.

Awesome!

In this case, as this is being caused because the account is open on both devices at the same time, you can log out of the mobile app, or just switch it to Offline Mode.

Doing this will allow you to listen to your music without unwanted interruptions.

Feel free to open a new thread if anything else comes up.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts