Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bottom of Daily Mix hidden by gradient, play issues

Bottom of Daily Mix hidden by gradient, play issues

I'm having 3 issues with the Daily Mix lists on my desktop:

1. The gradient background from color to black scrolls with the list...which means I can't even read the songs at the bottom because they're on a black background.

2. 70% of the songs on the list aren't what's playing - they're songs by the same artist, which is fine, but the list doesn't match and that's annoying.

3. I can't play an individual song - it won't let me click on a specific song to play. 

Untitled.png
3 Replies

Hey @mccarls

I can confirm that the gradient and not being able to play individual songs are on my web player too. I suppose they're a part of the feature: it's an endless mix of music loosely based on those artists or these artists.
I remember that the old web player's radio didn't bother displaying more than 20 songs at once, and you saw them in the queue.

What do you mean that the list doesn't match? It's not playing the songs that it's displaying?

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Glad to hear I'm not alone with the bad gradient and inability to pick certain songs.

"It's not playing the songs that it's displaying?"

It displays the correct song at the bottom with the time and controls, but the list doesn't match. The list seems to be playing in order, except it'll swap some artists' songs for different ones. My list starts out:

That's where you're wrong (Arctic Monkeys)

Song 2 (Blur)

Midnight Show (Killers)

Cigarette Daydreams (Cage the Elephant).

But when I play the list, I get

She's Thunderstorms (Arctic Monkeys),

Song 2 (Blur)

Read My Mind (Killers)

It's Just Forever (Cage the Elephant).

@mccarls

I'm trying this out too right now, and the same thing happens to me as well. Some songs are played from the visible list and they'll have the speaker icon. Most are coming from that gradient, it seems.
I think the visible list of songs we're seeing is meant to give a clue what can be expected from this station (especially since it won't make more of the list visible as I continue listening to it) and the Daily Mix is to be taken as a true radio station with no 'real' playlist. 🙂

If you feel that it's still weird, you can post an Issue to the Issues category about this.

Let me know if there's anything I can help you with 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts