NEXT STEP

Bring back my belowed Spotify URI clipboard

Bring back my belowed Spotify URI clipboard

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Ever since some updates ago, I've noticed that Spotify URI isn't in the options when you use the share dropdown. Please bring it back.

image.png
3 Replies

Hi @kaur1,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

The sharing options for the new desktop app will only show "Copy link" and "Copy embed code” by default. However, if you hold down a modifier key while in the share menu, you will then see the option to “Copy Spotify URI.”

On a Mac computer, holding down “control” or “option” while in the share menu lets me copy a Spotify URI; so on a Windows computer, I would recommend trying holding down one of the equivalent keys, “Ctrl” or “Alt,” while in the share menu.

For more information, feel free to check this similar thread from April.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

What was the thought process behind making this experience more cumbersome for the end user?

Who benefits from needing to hit a modifier key to see something that was there by default before?

Hi @dangerlouis,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

There is currently a new idea submission in the Idea Exchange of the Spotify Community for a setting to show the “Copy Spotify URI” option.

If this is something you’re interested in, I would recommend adding your +VOTE to this idea; the more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it, and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts