Browse / Discover not updating

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Since many days now all the section Browse/Discover does not update. Top recommendations for you and all suggestions are the same since more than one week. My current Spotify Premium version is  1.1.0.237.g378f6f25

18 Replies

I am having the same problem and waiting to hear from someone about what to do! But most noticably my top recommendations are not updating.

Today everything is back to normal

Nope. That's weird. Things returned as two days ago. The whole Browse/Discover Section returned the same as two days ago. It changed yesterday with all new albums in Top Recommendations for You and all other suggestions. Today back as two days ago that are the same since about two weeks.

The top recommendations, and I think the recomendations based on what Ive been listening to, further down the page, are still not updating.  It has been about 6 weeks, or so.

Hello! same problem here with Desktop app, webplayer (Chrome) and iOS app.

It has not been updated for two weeks 😞

Spotify.PNG

Try 

For a quick workaround try these steps by @Mantisentil

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify. 

Thanks, but there's nothing in "hosts" file

Thank you 1287466258

Unfortunately it does not depend on the file hosts.

The same problem happens on the web.

I keep looking for solutions.

Thanks

Thank you.

Unfortunately it does not depend on the file hosts.

The same problem happens also on the web player.

I keep looking for a solution.

It still does not work 😞

Spotify 03.03.PNG

The same problem here. I so love this feature. Help please.

Same problem here. "Top Recommendations..." has remained the same for over a week.  It's the same on every device I use. 

By the way, I do not want the recs to change every single time open spotify, but it would be nice if they updated every day or two as they used to.

Following. My Browse>Discover updated briefly when I checked it this morning but I clicked away to a different section and when I returned it went back to the same recommendations I've been seeing for the last two weeks.

Hope a solution is found soon!

Hey there @jdwat 

This seems to be an ongoing issue which you can track here. Also don't forget to vote for it. Hope this helps 🙂

I hope this very annoying malfunction is resolved as soon as possible.

I hope it's not similar to the lyrics I'm still waiting for.

This morning everything seems working normally. Top recommendations updated as well as the other suggestions.

I hope it will last.

Thank you, Spotify!

Now is all okay.

I have had this problem for several weeks on a Mac - ie my DISCOVER list is not updated on my desktop but is on my iphone

I tried everything on suggestions but they did not work. When I tried to trash the desktop app and reinstall I couldn't do that either as the web page would not load.

SOLUTION: in the end I tracked it down to an anti-vandal setting on my anti-virus software. NOT the firewall, which I had tried disabling. I use INTEGO anti-virus.

For some reason it was blocking a Spotify address :

104.199.64.136 This address was put in the Blocked Addresses list because it tried to run a Port Scan on your computer.

Once I unchecked this the Discover list re-appeared and I could also access the Spotify web page.

Hope this helps others ...

Suggested posts