Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Browse content not refreshing

Browse content not refreshing

The content in the browse section of the desktop app no longer refreshes and there is no way to force a reload.

The only thing you can do is close spotify and re-open it.

This is with regard to the playlist rotator.

This morning, it had music suggestions for "new music friday"....but it's wednesday today!

3 Replies

I have this same problem on the Mac desktop client. I almost always have Spotify open (which I assume the company wants), but I have to close it to get the browse page to refresh. It's a pity too, because I like the suggestions based on the day of week/time of day.

Windows desktop client checking in. Experiencing the same issue: User is not presented the latest Browse content after their system has been off overnight. Steps to repro:

Environment: Windows 7 x64

1. Login to the desktop client at 6 PM and sit on the Browse tab

2. Take note of the content displayed

3. Place machine in sleep mode

4. Wait until 8 AM and wake machine up

5. Notice the Browse content is the same from step 2 and it never updates to the next day's content

Expected: The user will not be shown old content

Actual: The user must terminate and reopen the application to receive the latest Browse content

2016-11-12_1029.png

I was having the same issues on my Windows desktop client. I was able to reload each day's Browse content by selecting File > Offline Mode, then disabling it. Once disabled, it reloads the section you are on and I believe each new section you click (but didn't test 100%). Hope this helps!

Suggested posts