Hi Spotify Team!
This has happened twice today while listening to Spotify using the Windows Desktop Client, on Windows 8.1 64-bit,
I was playing music just fine, and when the track ended spotify wanted to play an advertisement.
At the top of the screen an error message was showing saying Spotify had issues connecting, and to try fixing my internet connection.
At this point trying to start a new song shows a message: "<song> will play after the commercial message."
The player controls show a pause button, implying that it is trying to play the advertisement, but nothing is happening.
Clicking pause, and then play again, does nothing.
The specific advertisement where this occured is for Join.me (both times).
1) Wait for an advertisement to play, but have it fail to connect.
2) Music is unplayable without exiting and restarting.
- retry playing an advertisement multiple times, and if that fails:
- try playing a different advertisement
- allow advertisements to be stopped / skipped, with the knowledge that a user will still need to play a different advertisement before continuing music (on that note, it would be cool to collect telemetry on which advertisements people are skipping)