Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug: Full screen issues: Does not show currently playing song when playing through spotify connect

Bug: Full screen issues: Does not show currently playing song when playing through spotify connect

Full screen mode in spotify desktop will show the previously played song instead of the one currently playing if playing as destination for spotify connect.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Win10, spotify from windows store

2. Open spotify on windows 

3. Start playing a song in this spotify instance

4. Enter full screen mode (the one showing the big artwork in the middle of the screen)

5. Hit pause, and keep full screen mode active

6. On another device: Connect to spotify on the windows computer through spotify connect, and start playing a different song

7. The full screen display on the windows computer will be frozen and display the previously played song and not the one currently playing. Also, closing full screen mode will have the now playing controls frozen.

UPDATE: The issue does not seem to affect the status bar visible in the bottom of the full screen mode (visible if the cursor is moved to the bottom of the screen). 

2 Replies

I got the same problem, I can't enjoy the full screen cause' the cover gets stucked and don't move, and after I get out of the fullscreen, the button to make big again appears on grey and don't make his work til' I close and open Spotify

Hey there @rmz_r4w ,

Thank you for letting us know about this.

In this case we recommend you do the following:

• Perform a clean reinstall of the app
  • Try another internet connection
  • Log in with another account on the device it occurs on - such as a friend's or a family member's - to see if the issue persists

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

Suggested posts