Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug: 'Open Spotify' stopped allowing users to select / play from the 'Recommended' list

Bug: 'Open Spotify' stopped allowing users to select / play from the 'Recommended' list

Premium, USA, Dell Desktop, Windows

ISSUE:

Perhaps it was yesterday ~4/28/2021, 'Open Spotify' stopped allowing users to play a song of their choice from the list of 'Recommended' songs.  For example, my playlist 'Piano' has a 'Recommended' list at the very bottom of the page with similar songs found in Piano.  I used to be able to scroll through that, click 'Play' and that song would play.  Now there is a bug that no longer allows the user to click play.  This is true no matter what computer I am on in the house.  I have tried clearing cookies.  Didn't help. Please fix.

1 Reply

Hey there @RacePorsche

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one? Make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store

If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you check your firewall and and antivirus and make sure Spotify is set as an exception.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts