Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bugged on my desktop speakers (auto-skips songs, and right channel audio muted)

Bugged on my desktop speakers (auto-skips songs, and right channel audio muted)

My Question or Issue

Everything works fine when i listen on my connected headphones, however, if i start the desktop app with my desktop speakers as the default output, pressing play will make spotify skip every song in playlist then close my playlist. I found a workaround to this issue by starting spotify with my headphones as the default output, then pressing play, and switching to my desktop speakers as the music plays. Another problem if i fix it this way is that the audio will only play out my left channel. Everything else on my PC utilizes both speakers when audio is played, and properly separates the stereo channels, but for some reason only Spotify cancels out my right channel. I also noticed when its playing on my left speaker only, adjusting the volume slider in the app doesn't change the volume at all, even if i slide it all the way down. Again all of this functions as expected when headphones are selected as my audio output, but having my speakers selected causes these two ( three really) issues. Please fix this!!

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

1 Reply

Hey @deadlyrage 

That's really odd!

Windows 10 allows users to set default devices for specific apps now, besides the system-wide setting. I've seen that setting something as default may not necessarily affect the app-specific setting.

1. Open Settings, go to Sound.

2. Scroll down and click on "App volume and device preferences".

3. See if Spotify has the speakers as default or not.

If you don't see Spotify in the list, you need to launch the client first and try playing music in it.

Spotify requires the currently used device to be set as default. I've unwittingly bypassed this issue by using an external audio interface where everything I do (selecting output included) is invisible to the system.

Let me know if that changes anything! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts