CAN'T CHANGE PLAYLIST COVER

Highlighted

Re: CAN'T CHANGE PLAYLIST COVER

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community! We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

We can see on the screenshot shared by @kaylijulia that this is a new desktop experience we're currently testing. For now, this new update is still missing some features that used to be available on the desktop app.

If you're on the test version and you'd like to be able to switch between the new and the old layout, you can consider adding your +VOTE to this idea to show your support.

Hope this information is useful. Let us know if you have any other questions and feel free to leave a comment with your feedback. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right teams.

Stay safe and have a great day ahead!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen
Highlighted

Hi!

I tried all of these and several others and I'm still not able to upload an image for the cover. The option seems to be completely gone..

Thank you

Highlighted

Composer
Highlighted

I HAVE TO VOTE TO MAYBE GET BASIC FEATURES BACK??? WHAT THE **bleep** AM I PAYING PREMIUM FOR??? I HAVE PLAYLIST WITH 30K FOLLOWERS AND NEED TO CHANGE MY COVER OFTEN WHY AM I FORCED WITH THIS UPDATE??? NONE OF MY FRIENDS HAVE IT AND THEY CANT EVEN CHANGE IT FOR ME WHEN THEY LOGIN ON MY ACCOUINT WHAT THE **bleep** HOW ARE YOU THE BIGGEST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE IN THE WORLD AND CAN'T EVEN GET THE MOST BASIC FEATURES RIGHT???

Highlighted

Visitor

If this isn't the most generic-a**ed response..   A new desktop experience? Why would you remove editing in the first place?  You pulled a similar stunt with the usernames - then expected us to vote on that.

"Let us know if you have any other questions and feel free to leave a comment with your feedback. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right teams. Stay safe and have a great day ahead!"  🙄

Highlighted

Visitor

I've done everything:
Uninstall the desktop app (Mac version 1.1.33.59)
Reinstall it. Delete it, Restart my mac, Reinstall it.
The pencil doesn't show up when scrolling over the cover of the playlist, right-click, left-click, control-click, alt-click, option-click, command-click ... nothing, zip.
Tried in web player under chrome, safari and firefox.
the three dots next to the play button only 4 options:

Start Radio, Make Secret, Delete, Copy playlist link.
If something as simple as changing a cover is so complicated, I guess my reticence to even try spotify was very well justified.
Only because a friend asked me to share my playlist here, but I think it's not worthy for the number of people with the same issue that you haven't even been able to identify.
As you can tell I'm a bit frustrated.

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 18.23.00.png
SUGGESTED POSTS