Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

CAN'T CHANGE PLAYLIST COVER

CAN'T CHANGE PLAYLIST COVER

Hi! 

I can't change playlist covers on either my chromebook, my husband's windows PC or on the webplayer. Both PCs have the desktop app. The edit option isn't available.

Please let me know how to do this! 

Nya

Country

UK

Device

Windows PC/ Chromebook

34 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Also, make sure that it's your own-created playlist and not a playlist you're following.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I also tried uploading a new cover for my playlists while using a chromebook but instead of the little pencil coming up where I can edit it, when I hover over the four album covers, only a play button comes up. Is there anyway this can be fixed or do I need to use a certain device/ laptop to change the covers.

Hey there @Nyaaallen9 and @gigiherb

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

In case the steps @Loxer provided didn't help, can you try editing the playlist cover on the web player in a private/incognito window? This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. If that doesn't do the trick try again in a different kind of browser.  

It's also a good idea to test if you observe the same under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services, which would explain what happened here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Guy read carefully ..its about Chromebook...

This happened me too. did you get it sorted?

I tried all of the methods you guys suggested, I used to edit the covers all the time. Spotify just updated today and I can no longer edit the cover. The only edit you can do is rename the playlist. Please fix this!

Capture.PNG

Same thing is happening to me too (no edit option and can’t personalize any playlists with photos); this was after an update that randomly happened today. 😕 

I'm having the same problem! I made this account yesterday and can't change the playlist cover anywhere, the option just doesn't show up (tried it on Apple iOS, mobile and Windows Desktop-App). But once I log into the same app on the same device with an old account the playlist layout is completely different and I'm able to change the playlist cover. 

It makes no sense at all...

that happened to me to i logged into my old account and it looks the same as before and it would let me change the picture

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community! We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

We can see on the screenshot shared by @kaylijulia that this is a new desktop experience we're currently testing. For now, this new update is still missing some features that used to be available on the desktop app.

If you're on the test version and you'd like to be able to switch between the new and the old layout, you can consider adding your +VOTE to this idea to show your support.

Hope this information is useful. Let us know if you have any other questions and feel free to leave a comment with your feedback. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right teams.

Stay safe and have a great day ahead!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi!

I tried all of these and several others and I'm still not able to upload an image for the cover. The option seems to be completely gone..

Thank you

I HAVE TO VOTE TO MAYBE GET BASIC FEATURES BACK??? WHAT THE **bleep** AM I PAYING PREMIUM FOR??? I HAVE PLAYLIST WITH 30K FOLLOWERS AND NEED TO CHANGE MY COVER OFTEN WHY AM I FORCED WITH THIS UPDATE??? NONE OF MY FRIENDS HAVE IT AND THEY CANT EVEN CHANGE IT FOR ME WHEN THEY LOGIN ON MY ACCOUINT WHAT THE **bleep** HOW ARE YOU THE BIGGEST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE IN THE WORLD AND CAN'T EVEN GET THE MOST BASIC FEATURES RIGHT???

If this isn't the most generic-a**ed response..   A new desktop experience? Why would you remove editing in the first place?  You pulled a similar stunt with the usernames - then expected us to vote on that.

"Let us know if you have any other questions and feel free to leave a comment with your feedback. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right teams. Stay safe and have a great day ahead!"  🙄

I've done everything:
Uninstall the desktop app (Mac version 1.1.33.59)
Reinstall it. Delete it, Restart my mac, Reinstall it.
The pencil doesn't show up when scrolling over the cover of the playlist, right-click, left-click, control-click, alt-click, option-click, command-click ... nothing, zip.
Tried in web player under chrome, safari and firefox.
the three dots next to the play button only 4 options:

Start Radio, Make Secret, Delete, Copy playlist link.
If something as simple as changing a cover is so complicated, I guess my reticence to even try spotify was very well justified.
Only because a friend asked me to share my playlist here, but I think it's not worthy for the number of people with the same issue that you haven't even been able to identify.
As you can tell I'm a bit frustrated.

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 18.23.00.png

I am so confused. Why remove the feature to begin with?

This speaks very poorly of the whole company.
I bet they didn't even realise that they've removed this feature.

One of those development lapses when you say, what was this for?

I think it's not necessary, let's remove it to "clean" the code. And then you realise you f***d up and don't know how to fix it.
So it seems they have a very mediocre developing process.
Or the alternative is that they decided to remove it without any concern to what their clients want, which I think it's worst.

It's especially annoying because I upgraded to premium, thinking that was the only way to unlock the feature.

You know what app has the exact same feature? Apple Music. Guess I'm switching back lol

I never left my Apple Music.
I was just testing the waters here and it proved to be too cold.
The playlist I created is working, but having something so simple unusable just left me with a bad taste for the software/company

Suggested posts