Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

CTRL+F - Why the HE** was it removed???

CTRL+F - Why the HE** was it removed???

I mean, cmon, why they HE** would you ship a broken product? You're asking for flame and complaints...  You removed a basic feature, from a MUSIC PLAYER! Let's say I have a playlist of more than a 100 songs... Now, if I know I have a song somewhere in the list, but can't be bothered looking manually, what would I do then? Hmm, let's see, I would probably Neeeever think about using "CTRL+F"... I would probably start painstakingly trying to search for it online... Seems logical to force people to do it the hard way... No harm in that, ya?...

Please, get your -bleep- together... The one who suggested it and the one whom made the decision to remove it should be removed from any position involving the actual developement of this software... Poor programmers whom has to deal with them...

17 Replies

While I think your reaction is WAY over the top, I want to second the request to bring the Ctrl+F search back on the playlist screen.

I agree, I am being pretty harsh there, but as this caught me unaware in a moment of delicate musical longing, it made me furious! And seriously, if you make the decision to, or think it's a good idea, to remove basic features... You better have a REALLY good excuse to justify it, but as I've heard nothing of the sort from the devs or anyone else talking for Spotify, I firmly believe they should not have anything to do with developing the software.

Would also like to see the ctrl+F feature back. When you have a playlist with over 300 songs on it, it is a pain in the -bleep- to find anything.

Try 1000+ T_T

Wow, what a fantastic idea. Let's just remove stuff for no reason.

CTRL + F will be coming back in a future update

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That's good. But would you be willing to share the reason it was removed in the first place?

Could you explain us why CNTRL+F was removed? And in which update will it come back? For me it's very unhandy atm

I noticed this within ten seconds of starting the new version, that's how often I use the feature. F'in outrageous since they also seem to have removed the column width adjustment which heavily compromises readability for manual scrolling/searching.

No need to worry!

ctrl-f is a FEATURE that will be implemented SOON!

So it's all good right? Hey McDonalds, why the **bleep** can't I order a burger? I'm hungry and I thought you had food?

"Well buying food is actually a feature that we'll introduce soon!"

It didn't come back this update, I hope you mean the next one...

"CTRL + F will be coming back in a future update"

Citation needed. Source? Timeframe? Developer commentary? I'll be turning 40 in the future, but that's years and years from now.

I don't think it's a harsh reaction at all. This is core, simple, and essential functionality. I absolutely cannot fathom ANY reason why such a simple feature would be removed when as far as I can tell, it was causing no harm, and providing a huge benefit to people who used it.

@rossisdead 

Statement: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Desktop-Update-Version-1-0-1/td-p/105026...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It is bizarre that Spotify think it's okay to ship an update that removes a basic function but it doesn't surprise me

They seem determined to mess around with their interface for absolutely no reason other than presumably an inability to stick with anything. They're like an insecure teenager that gets a new haircut every other week. I guess it justifies someone's job somewhere. It is infuriating.

@MattSuda
I saw that one, but it does NOT answer the question I've been asking... Why remove it in the first place?

@Chooxen
Sadly, it feels like you're very close to the truth on that one 😕

hello

Suggested posts