Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I access the files of my downloaded music?

Solved!

Can I access the files of my downloaded music?

Plan

Premium

Country

Unites States

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

I recently downloaded some music and have been trying to find the files on my PC for a while now and haven't had any luck. After some research I've been wondering if it's even possible to find the files in first place. If anyone knows anything that could help a reply would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @JunkSplash,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community about this! We'll be happy to shed some light on the situation.

When you download music for offline listening it's not possible to play those songs outside of the Spotify app. Check out this support page for full info on that.

If you'd like to see where the downloaded cache is stored on your device, follow these steps:

1. Click the arrow next to your username in the top-right corner of the desktop app and select Settings.
  2. Scroll down and click SHOW ADVANCED SETTINGS.
  3. Scroll down to Offline songs storage to see where your cache is stored. 
  4. Click CHANGE LOCATION if you want to store your cache somewhere else.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else you need help with 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @JunkSplash,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community about this! We'll be happy to shed some light on the situation.

When you download music for offline listening it's not possible to play those songs outside of the Spotify app. Check out this support page for full info on that.

If you'd like to see where the downloaded cache is stored on your device, follow these steps:

1. Click the arrow next to your username in the top-right corner of the desktop app and select Settings.
  2. Scroll down and click SHOW ADVANCED SETTINGS.
  3. Scroll down to Offline songs storage to see where your cache is stored. 
  4. Click CHANGE LOCATION if you want to store your cache somewhere else.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else you need help with 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

damn it

Suggested posts