Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I delete all of my playlists?

Can I delete all of my playlists?

I made a messy mistake with itunes and figure it will just be quicker to start over.... What's the quickest way to delete all of my playlists without mannuly deleting how ever many hundreds there are.

thanks

Beau

11 Replies

The easiest way would be to make a new account...

You could try selecting them all at once using the CTRL key, but I don't think that would work 😞

Liam

Why would I do that when I pay for my account as it is?

You asked for ways, I gave them to you.

There is no way to massive delete playlists, but what you can do is make a new playlist folder (File > New Playlist Folder) then drag and drop all of your playlists into it and then delete the folder. It saves you having to do the confirm window each time. I have asked before for others and the Spotify team can't delete playlists for you to my knowledge. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Putting the playlists in a folder and deleting the folder just moves the playlists out of the folder. So this is not a solution.

-- deleted --

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am turning red that deleting folders just pulls out all the playlists within. I want to punch things. 

Use soundiz. It helps you keep all your playlists across many platforms synced. Keeping a Playlist synced with YT Music and Spotify for example is a premium feature. But you can just have all your playlists synced to soundiz itself and I was able to delete like 200 to 300 playlists all at once. You just select whatever Playlist you want and delete/unfollow them. Apparently this deleted them on spotify also thank God. Thought it would have only unsynced them. 

Thank you so much! You have helped me a lot!

No problem I figured it would help someone out in the future cuz spotify makes things so complicated for no reason. I'm still trying to figure out how to get Shazam to auto sync to a Playlist on spotify so I can auto listen to new songs. I don't currently have a premium spotify account because I'm currently using YT Music which is such a better experience especially for videos. But it seems everyone love riding spotifys balls and almost always has them as the only option (like ps4 for example) 

This helped me as well. Thank you!

Suggested posts