Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can no longer add tracks to "Starred" list; instead, clicking on 1st column gives a Check Mark

Solved!

Can no longer add tracks to "Starred" list; instead, clicking on 1st column gives a Check Mark

When I click on the plus sign in the first column on a play list or search result, I used to get a star.  Now I get a check mark.  And, when I go into my "Starred" play list, these songs with a check mark are not in the list.

What happened, and how do I fix it?

Using Spotify Free Desktop for Windows (XP SP3), v 0.9.6.72.ge389c074

Spotify Screenshot.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Yup, I thought the same thing when it first appeared for me!

It's because you've got collection now (feel free to take a look at it on your Spotify client, it's very good in my opinion).

But nonetheless, to add a song to your starred playlist (it's not quite as fast anymore):

1) Right click on the track/tracks by highlighting you want to add to your starred playlist. A menu should pop up

2) Open up the 'Add to' Menu, it will bring up a list of your playlists

3) Click on 'Starred'. This will add them to your starred playlist.

Alternatively, just drag and drop the song(s) into the starred playlist.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@pffffffff wrote:

@Anthony wrote:

@pffffffff wrote:

Thank you for the solution, Anthony.

The right-click/add-to option worked great for the first song I did it to.  After that, the "starred" list is grayed out.  

Any clue??

Thanks

Hi,

When you say greyed out do you mean the songs inside or the playlist in the bar, any chance you could post a screenshot?

Anthony 🙂

Sure..  Here it is...

Spotify Screenshot.jpg

Hi,

That's because you're trying to add a song in your starred playlist to your starred playlist 😉

It won't be greyed out if you're trying to add a song from one of your other playlists to the starred playlist.

Anthony 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

Marked as solution

Actually you can drag and drop any song to Starred. It will be faster 🙂

Dont foget to KUDOS if you think this post helpful 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

16 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Yup, I thought the same thing when it first appeared for me!

It's because you've got collection now (feel free to take a look at it on your Spotify client, it's very good in my opinion).

But nonetheless, to add a song to your starred playlist (it's not quite as fast anymore):

1) Right click on the track/tracks by highlighting you want to add to your starred playlist. A menu should pop up

2) Open up the 'Add to' Menu, it will bring up a list of your playlists

3) Click on 'Starred'. This will add them to your starred playlist.

Alternatively, just drag and drop the song(s) into the starred playlist.

Anthony 🙂

The right-click/add-to option worked great for the first song I did it to.  After that, the "starred" list is grayed out.  

Any clue??

Thanks

@pffffffff wrote:

Any clue??

Thanks

Hi,

When you say greyed out do you mean the songs inside or the playlist in the bar, any chance you could post a screenshot?

Anthony 🙂

@Anthony wrote:

@pffffffff wrote:

Any clue??

Thanks

Hi,

Anthony 🙂

Sure..  Here it is...

Spotify Screenshot.jpg

Marked as solution

@pffffffff wrote:

@Anthony wrote:

@pffffffff wrote:

Any clue??

Thanks

Hi,

Anthony 🙂

Sure..  Here it is...

Spotify Screenshot.jpg

Hi,

That's because you're trying to add a song in your starred playlist to your starred playlist 😉

It won't be greyed out if you're trying to add a song from one of your other playlists to the starred playlist.

Anthony 🙂

OK... scratch that last.   Apparently I am starting to repeat my "favorites".  "Add to Favorites" is apparently grayed out because it was already a favorite!!

Thanks so much!

so what do those checks on the left side do/mean now anyway

Those are buttons to add songs to your collection, a new feature of Spotify

3 clicks to star a song, what a pain…

Marked as solution

Actually you can drag and drop any song to Starred. It will be faster 🙂

I completely agree! I used to star a lot of music directly from my phone and now this is just become impossible... the new update sucks!

Come on Spotify, don't force me to find a different music app.  Same problem as I had with ITunes: get used to a system and its features until some developer decides to "improve" it and makes it impossible to use.  Three clicks and a menu make Starring a song way too tedious!  This "upgrade" really sucks!  

Keep an eye on the main thread for this, here and add your vote to this idea, if you haven't already done so.

Which collection?  Where does it go?  I can't find it.

That isn't faster....

I'm going to lock this thread and would ask you to continue discussion in one of the following main threads where any feedback from spotify will appear. Thanks.

Missing stars and starring

New Black UI design

Your Music discussion

My Library

Suggested posts