Can no longer remove songs from Made For You

Plan Premium

Country UK

Device

Lenovo Thinkpad T480

Operating System

Windows 10 1903

My Question or Issue

The option to remove songs from my Made For You > My Daily Mix playlists has disappeared, was this an intentional update or is there somethingn wrong with my installation?

11 Replies

Hi there @R3XXY,

Thanks for reaching out to the community !

Please check out this official Spotify info page regarding changes within the app.

Hope this helps 🙂

With respect,  it didn't help. The link to the community on the link you posted just takes me to the general Spotify forum, not a specific feedback forum. I'm letting Spotify know here, that the change is not an improvement; why would Spotify think that limiting my playlist customisation options is an improvement?

Hi there @R3XXY,

thanks for replying back !

There's another way to communicate your reservations and that would be posting your thoughts in the "Ideas" section of the community.

You can learn how to do that by following the steps provided on this Spotify answer.

This way, users around the community can add their +VOTE and comment on your idea and help promoting it.

If you're having any doubts on when, if and how your feedback reaches Spotify factors, please read all about it here.

Thanks for your patience reading this.

Have a great day 🙂

I've paid premium. I read all the posts and I cannot remove this single song which appears in Made for you. There are no options to remove the song from any lists.

This is completely ridiculous!!!!

Bad enough that my daughter who lives not under my roof since she's at school cannot play our family membership!

I'm looking into Deezer now!

Frustrated!!

Hi there @Cyndor,

Welcome to the Community!

Can you send us a screenshot of how your app looks when you have your Daily Mix open? You should be able to dislike songs in the Made for you section on Mobile.

Regarding the Family plan - Your daughter can join the family plan, even if she doesn't live in the same household full time. She needs to be there during the onboarding process, so that the app can verify that you're at the same location. After that she can use Premium anywhere in the world, as long as she returns to the home address from time to time.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

[image: image.png]

Now this song is even getting into other playlist!!! I cannot get rid of
this damned song!! I hear it at least 4-5 times a day!

Thanks for your help.

Luke

Hi again @Cyndor,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you try uploading the photo again, as it seems that something has went wrong.

What we'd recommend is opening the Artist page of the artists of that song, clicking on the 3-dot menu and selecting Don't play this on your Mobile app. This should assure that no songs from this artist are being played.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator

[image: IMG_1183.PNG]
[image: IMG_1184.PNG]
[image: IMG_1185.PNG]
[image: IMG_1186.PNG]

Hope these pictures are better.
Is there a reason why I can only do this on the mobile app?
And I like this artist (Craig Armstrong)....

And I don't see "Don't play this".

Hi again @Cyndor,

Currently if you're not seeing the option to Hide songs in the Desktop app, this means that your part of the test group for the new Desktop client. Our developers are testing this out and gathering feedback from users directly in This Thread. You can head over there and leave your comments, which will greatly help our developers in creating a better app.

Hiding songs and blocking artists is an option available on the Mobile app, however hiding a song on Mobile does not sync with the Desktop app. So you might see a song that you've disliked in the Mobile application on your PC. You can also Check out this idea Removing Songs from the "Recommended Songs" list and add your +Vote to show your support.

Hope you find this info usful.

AlexModerator

Hello,

Well I am upset that I am part of your test group! I've been paying every
month for this service for a long time now only to find out that due to
being part of a group, I can't remove song(s) I dislike... which by the way
KEEP playing numerous times a day! What kind of algorithm do you have
installed?

Very upset!

Hi again @Cyndor!

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Unfortunately, we couldn't see the images you uploaded. Just to make sure we're on the same page, could you give it a try again?

You can click on the camera icon on the tools bar above the text box and choose the photos you want to upload. Once they've loaded completely, click Done. 

Cheers! We'll be waiting for your reply.

Mario Moderator

Suggested posts