Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can no longer see songs on Artist pages

Solved!

Can no longer see songs on Artist pages

Plan

Premium - Family

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Desktop, PC & Huawei Mate 20 Lite 

Operating System

Windows 10, Android 10

My Question or Issue

Since the update I can no longer see songs separated by album on Artist pages. I'm only able to view the Top 10 Most Popular and the Discography (screenshot attached). The old view with songs separated by album on the Artist pages was pretty much all I ever used, so I'm lost without it.

I was wondering if there's a way I can change this view back in the settings, or if there is another way I can view all the songs by an Artist on one page (without having to faff with the library/liked songs)?

Spotify_hw8lEdYhDn.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Cakeontoast 

They're promising to bring list view back in a future update.

For now the only way to see songs instead of tiles is to use Search. I'll show you how:

1. Use artist: in your searches, for example artist:tricil. Then navigate to Songs.

a) if the artist name is multiple words and Spotify does tend to take them as separate artists, use a hyphen between them, for example artist:technical-itch. This way the results contain songs only from this artist.

b) If for whatever reason Spotify still adds some unrelated artist, use NOT to remove these. For instance artist:tricil still had someone named Tricilica at the end, so to get rid of them I wrote this: artist:tricil NOT artist:tricilica

Major downside is that the songs cannot be sorted in Search, so the return of List View is most needed. 😔

Hope this helps, have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Cakeontoast 

They're promising to bring list view back in a future update.

For now the only way to see songs instead of tiles is to use Search. I'll show you how:

1. Use artist: in your searches, for example artist:tricil. Then navigate to Songs.

a) if the artist name is multiple words and Spotify does tend to take them as separate artists, use a hyphen between them, for example artist:technical-itch. This way the results contain songs only from this artist.

b) If for whatever reason Spotify still adds some unrelated artist, use NOT to remove these. For instance artist:tricil still had someone named Tricilica at the end, so to get rid of them I wrote this: artist:tricil NOT artist:tricilica

Major downside is that the songs cannot be sorted in Search, so the return of List View is most needed. 😔

Hope this helps, have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Sebasty

Thank you!

I'm not thrilled about having to wait until they get round to bringing back the list view, but at least that work around will help me listen to music in the same way until then.

Hope you have a great day.

I have the same issue.

Was hoping to use spotify tonight but spending most my time trying to sort out the crappy UI and searching solutions just to see song titles again... waste of time.

Can't wait for the future update to bring back list view!

Suggested posts