Device

Dell laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

Version 1809

OS Build 17763.292

All updates installed up to 09/02/2019

My Question or Issue

I went to use Spotify on my laptop yesterday to find that it no longer works. Having checked a few of the threads online, I uninstalled Spotify and re-installed it - this made no difference.

I then installed the app from the Windows store - still no difference.

When the app from the Windows store did finally load, I disabled hardware acceleration, as some have suggested - still no difference.

So - here's where I am:

- I currently have the app from the Windows store installed.

- I have disabled hardware acceleration.

- This app DOES sometimes load, but takes at least 10 minutes to do so.

- If it fails to load, it literally freezes my pc, with no response from the mouse or keyboard. The only option is to do a hard shutdown, via the on/off switch

I wasted 5 hours of my life yesterday trying to sort this out.

I would like somebody who works at Spotify to let me know what the problem is and, more importantly, what the solution is. Otherwise, I have no option than to close my account. 

6 Replies

Hey @blakey0267, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Please check this thread for a more advanced uninstallation of Spotify.
Try to create another user account and install Spotify there as well to see if that makes a difference.

Have you tried it with a different network connection?

Does it help if you start in safe mode?

Let me know how that goes 🙂

To be honest, I don't want to try either of those solutions (not that I wish to sound ungrateful!), quite simply because I should't have to!

This has been working fine for years, them all of a sudden...nothing.

I pay £9.99 per month for this, and don't expect to have to mess about with IT to get it to work - either it's plug and play, or it isn't. If it isn't, then I'm off. I really don't have the time.

Hi

Is anybody who works for Spotify out there?

Hey there @blakey0267,

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

We'd suggest first performing a clean reinstall of the app on your Windows device. To do so, you can try the steps below:

1. Click the Start button. Select Settings.
  2. Open System.
  3. Click Apps & features, then select Spotify.
  4. Click Uninstall. Click Uninstall again in the pop-up to confirm.
  5. On the Start search bar, type %AppData% and hit enter. This should open up AppData\Roaming.
  6. In the new window that opens up make sure there's no Spotify folder showing up. If there is, you can delete it.
  7. Make sure that there is no Spotify folder left in AppData\Local  (or C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage) as well.
  8. Turn your device off, wait a couple minutes and turn it on again.
  9. Download and install Spotify from the Windows Apps store.

Further, just to confirm, have you tried the steps provided by @Loxer for example, if the issue occurs when connected to a different network connection? 

If so and they didn't do the trick, some screenshots of what you see when this occurs would be very helpful. Just make sure that there's no sensitive/private info.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

You should load safe mode and uninstall all app system files 

Suggested posts