Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Dowload songs in PC, Says "Waiting For Conection"

Can't Dowload songs in PC, Says "Waiting For Conection"

Can't Dowload songs in PC, Says "Waiting For Conection" when i click the download button, I have:

-un installed and Re installed and cleared chache and all related files

- Made sure app was added to firewall

- Tried with firewall off

- Changed wifi networks

- I am on windows 10 with all the latest updates installed

- All firmware is up to date

- Routers have been restarted

- Computer has been restarted

IT STILL DOESN't WORK!, Please Help!

I am a premium suscribre, I have no idea why this feature no longer works, extremely buggy software!

spotify error.jpg
14 Replies

Hey @Ivanoski007! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Could you try removing all offline devices here. But you'll need to download all your tracks again.

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

Did that, PC still says "waiting for conection" when trying to download playlist

@Ivanoski007

Could you please let me know the following details:

1. Exact Device  (e.g. MacBook Air)

2. Exact operating system  (e.g. Windows )

3. Spotify app version installed (1.0.2)

4. Are you receiving any Error messages at all?

Thanks! ^^

Peace

1. Exact Device : Dell Inspiron 7737

2. Exact operating system : Windows 10 with alll the latest updates installed

3. Spotify app version installed : 1.0.75.485.g1f74de2c (Windows Store version)

4. Are you receiving any Error messages at all? No error messages, It was working fine last month then I suddenly couldn't download any playlists, the only error I get is when i try to download it shows "waiting Conection" like the screenshot in my first thread

I have no aftermarket antivirus or firewall software, only stock windows defender

@Ivanoski007

Thanks!

I've escalated your issue to the support.

I will reply on this thread with help soon. ^^

Peace

@Ivanoski007

How much free space do you  have on you drive, Irecommend having at least 1GB free.

And could you try using a different device on the same internet network to see if it behaves the same?

Thanks!

Peace

-Maybe you should try another computer if you can. Just to check if your account/comp. hasn't any wrong settings.

-You should check your PC memory too.
-I suggest to instal your Spotify to another disc for example to (D:)

Hope it will help ya

I have enough free space on my hard drive,  Let me try on anothee computer and see what happens

I have more than enough memory and hard disk space, I don't have another hard drive to install it to, but spotify won't let me specify another destinaiton to install with the installer anyway. I will try from another computer

@Ivanoski007

Thanks!

Keep me posted with how it goes from another device.
I'd also recommend double-checking all of the steps at https://support.spotify.com/listen_everywhere/on_phone_tablet_desktop/listen-offline-troubleshooting... in the meantime. ^^

Peace

I have tried with another computer, got into my account and was able to download, but my computer still isn't able to download .

And yes I have triple checked the linked and met all the criteria

https://support.spotify.com/hn/listen_everywhere/on_phone_tablet_desktop/listen-offline-troubleshoot...

I have also removed all instances of "spotify" from the registry, I added again firewall exceptions, and the situation is the same. I have also re-installed spotify 5 times.

I have just tried that It indeed does work from another computer, but it still doesn't work from my computer, it still says "waiting for conection" when trying to download a playlist

Hey @Ivanoski007! ^^

Thanks for letting me know! Keep me posted with how it goes from another device.
I'd also recommend double-checking all of the steps at https://support.spotify.com/listen_everywhere/on_phone_tablet_desktop/listen-offline-troubleshooting... in the meantime. ^^

Peace

Suggested posts