Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Login to Spotify on Windows 10

Solved!

Can't Login to Spotify on Windows 10

Spotify came preinstalled on a used computer I purchased in July and I wanted to use it as my main storage for downloaded music. However Error 117 keeps appearing when I try to login, even though I've allowed Spotify through my firewall, I've disabled my firewalls completely, and reinstalled the app numerous times from the Microsoft Store and the official website.

I've also tried various solutions to similar problems online including changing the country on my profile, which didn't work. There has been a similar issue with Steam not allowing me to install it past the update check because of no internet connection, despite being connected. I don't know if this is related or just Spotify being wonky on Windows. 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Dell XPS

Operating System

Win 10 Home

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @triestenapoli,

thanks for the update !

Please try this guide in order to perform a clean reinstall of the app.

In addition, editing the hosts file my help.

To do so please check this Spotify Answer.

Thanks to @Loxer, for the advise.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies

thanks for posting !

Could you try and connect while using Safe Mode?

If that works, it means that there are still settings active which might prevent the computer from connecting with Spotify's servers.

If it doesn't work in Safe Mode, please check if your router has some security measures in place that might prevent from connecting with Spotify.

Another thing you can try is to find out if your ISP is blocking Spotify.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hey @Onebyboo, Thank you for your reply. I tried to login on Safe Mode and got the same result. I even connected to Facebook, and got another error code (7). I use my mobile device's USB tethering to connect to the Internet, something I've done with no problems on two other devices. I don't know how to determine what security measures are in place on my phone since there's no options or settings for it other than on and off. Unfortunately, I can't even play the Web Player since my browser, Brave, is not supported by Spotify. It's quite frustrating. 

Side note: Steam has the same issue as before in Safe Mode. 

Marked as solution

thanks for the update !

Please try this guide in order to perform a clean reinstall of the app.

In addition, editing the hosts file my help.

To do so please check this Spotify Answer.

Thanks to @Loxer, for the advise.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Hey again @onebyboo, I'm afraid a clean uninstall didn't help, and neither did the host file - no sites were listed at all. It sounds like I should contact Spotify, maybe? It's just... I'm paying $15 a month. It's really aggravating not being able to use the site to its fullest. Especially since the mobile app seems to have gotten worse (for me, anyway). Thank you for helping. I appreciate it

Suggested posts