Free

Country

US

Device

Lenovo Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have a seriously weird situation with my Liked Songs. I've had this issue for several months now; I believe it began sometime in April/May of 2020. Whenever I attempt to add a new song to my Liked Songs library, I get the, "Epic collection, friend. Your library is all filled up. To save more, you'll need to remove some songs." Furthermore, if I attempt to view my Liked Songs, it's weirdly empty, and not in the normal empty playlist way--it's like it's just cut off?

097744019af5f8f26966e22be8a57731

I am actually able to hit play on this page, but it only plays TWO songs, and that's it--my theory is they are the last two I added before it broke or something, but I honestly have NO idea about them.

Just to be clear, my Liked Songs functions PERFECTLY on my iPhone 8+ app; I'm able to like songs, play the ENTIRE playlist, etc. It's only weirdly broken on the desktop version. Also, on the app I'm able to see that my Liked Songs only consists of 146 songs, so there's no way it's actually full-- I have normal playlists with three times as many songs.

I've been living without this feature and using another playlist as a dumping grounds for it for a while, but honestly A) I really miss the convenience and B) I want to know what lost gems are in the Liked Songs, and I mostly use it on my desktop, so it sucks that it's not working.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify... like, MULTIPLE times. Anyone have any other ideas? 😞 Help

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @omgmb,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

We understand that you already tried reinstalling the app. However, it's a good idea to run a clean reinstall following these specific steps. This is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

If the issue persists, could you try on a different account and let us know if the same happens? You can borrow a friend's or relative's to test this out. This would help us determine if the issue is account-related.

Keep us posted. We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Being very straight forward, start a chat here and ask them to clear cache of your account back end. It seems like an issue with your account rather than the app. 

Thanks, accept this as solution or like if it helps 🙂

Marked as solution

Hey there @omgmb,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

We understand that you already tried reinstalling the app. However, it's a good idea to run a clean reinstall following these specific steps. This is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

If the issue persists, could you try on a different account and let us know if the same happens? You can borrow a friend's or relative's to test this out. This would help us determine if the issue is account-related.

Keep us posted. We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

<<<Ignore this post>>>

Many thanks, I deleted every spotify folder and then rebooted, downloaded from the app store, and ta-da! Finally I can see my liked songs! Thanks again! 🙂

Hey there @omgmb,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

If anything comes up we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts