Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Start Spotify App on Windows 10

Can't Start Spotify App on Windows 10

I get the following when I try to start the Spotify App on Windows 10 PC.  

"The procedure entry point GetSecureSystemAppDataFolder could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\System32\daxexec.dll"

Any help would be appreciate.

5 Replies

Hey @rluhman

That's pretty weird!

I'd recommend reinstalling Spotify. It looks like something might be corrupt.

If that didn't work yet, let me know where you installed it from (downloaded from Spotify or Windows Store).

Keep me posted. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Have reinstalled and that didn't work.  I have also installed from both the Web as well as the Windows Store and end up with the same issue.

@rluhman

I'd recommend removing Spotify's files (clean reinstall) by doing that:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify. Here's the offline installer.

If that didn't work, it is recommended to install all Windows updates.

I looked up the error and it might be an issue with Windows' system files (missing or corrupt dll or link). You can try the System File Checker tool which is a command-line tool useful for checking and repairing bad system files.

1. Find Command prompt, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator

2. Type in the following line

sfc /scannow

3. Hit Enter-key. The command will work for a little while.

Let me know how you get on. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

I have tried sfc /scannow.  That did find and correct errors but also found errors it could not correct.  Therefore, I ran sfc /scannow in safe mode with the same results.  I also ran chkdsk and that did not locate any errors.  Another, side bit of information is that my system keeps restarting at random intervals.  I'm thinking that the next step is to unfortunately reinstall Windows 10.  I would think that would do the trick; at least with the Spotify issue.  If I still get random reboots then it must be hardware issue.

@rluhman

I too think that a system reinstall is necessary in this case, and probably the easiest fix. Maybe some virus infection caused this, or a bad update.
Faulty harddrive may cause such issues too. I also found a user that used a 3rd party defrag tool and ran into similar errors as a result.

Good luck! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Suggested posts