NEXT STEP

Can't add all from Spotify playlist to personal playlist

Can't add all from Spotify playlist to personal playlist

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 8.1

My Question or Issue

Today I find that there are some Spotify playlists that I cannot highlight all tracks from and add to one of my own playlists.  By "Spotify playlist" I mean playlists that are "By Spotify".  Two examples of such playlists that I am having a problem with are "Swag" and "Pop Rising".

I have always been able to highlight all tracks in playlists, then right click, then choose "Add to Playlist" and add to my own personal playlists.  Now some of them simply don't add when I go through those steps.

I found that I can add up to a certain number of tracks from these playlists to my own playlists.  I can add 10 tracks, but not 20.  The limit seems to be somewhere between 10 and 20.  I don't have time to find out exactly what the limit is.

Does anyone else experience this behaviour?  Does anyone know if this is a new limitation (not being able to bulk add from Spotify playlists to personal playlists)?  Or maybe a bug in the Spotify software? 

2 Replies

If you add entire other playlists to your playlists a lot, you may have reached a song maximum? 1 play list can hold 10,000 songs maximum. Alternatively, Spotify may have added a new rule in a recent update which prevents you from adding more than 15 songs at once. 

I hope you find my answer helpful!

- A spotify regular

Or it could be that you use windows 8.1 and spotify expects you to be using Windows 10. Updating could solve your problem.

Suggested posts