Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't add songs to playlists in either the app or the web player unless they're from the recommended

Can't add songs to playlists in either the app or the web player unless they're from the recommended

Hello,

I'm a blind user who has been enjoying Spotify for over two years. However, I've been unable to really do anything with Playlists in all this time. The other day, I decided to see if using the web player would make the process easier, as I hadn't looked at the web player in a very long while. I found what appeared to be all the options laid out for me, but when I press Enter on the "Add to Playlist" option while the song is playing, and then click on the playlist I want to add the song to when the dropdown opens up, it doesn't work. The number of songs in the playlist stays at 0 and when I go to the playlist, it's still empty. When I was on the web player the other day, I added a bunch of songs to a general writing playlist from the recommended songs given, which was fine, as that only needs instrumentals.  I can do this just fine in the app and the player. But I want to be able to select the song I'm playing and add it to a playlist. I can't drag and drop because my screen-reader rarely cooperates when I try that.

In the desktop app, I can get as far as getting the menu with the "add to playlist" option to drop down, and then when I press it, only two options for playlists to add the song to are shown and clicking on one of them has no result, and besides, my newest playlist has yet to show up when I try that! I don't know what I could be doing wrong! I'm trying my best to do as all the tutorials Google gave me instructed!

1 Reply

I am still having this problem. I thought I had solved it but the workaround I was doing isn't working any more. It would be so much easier if the clickable options were, ya'know, actually freaking clickable for me.

What I would love is something to improve the accessibility in the app, like buttons in the dropdown that I could press with the Enter key instead of clickable text that isn't always clicked. Also, a button that is next to the Save/Remove From Liked Songs button that is a quick-and-easy way to add a song to a playlist would be really freaking nice.

Suggested posts