Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't add tracks to playlists

Solved!

Can't add tracks to playlists

Just started this morning and not affecting mobile (Android) app.

At first I couldn't add tracks to any playlists I have created. If I went the right-click route, the folders would all show up in the pop-up, but when highlighting any folder, there were no playlists showing up.  If I tried to drag and drop into a playlist in the left panel, I would get the symbol showing that action was prevented.

I rebooted my laptop and now I can add, but to only the first 10 or so playlists within a given folder. After that they are either not showing up (when right-clicking) or getting the blocking symbol again (drag and drop attempts).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @MaxieWoxy

If reboot helped somewhat, then I'd recommend reinstalling the app at this point. It might be that the program needs a bit of a refresh. 🙂

This is how to do a clean reinstall:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.

2. Go to %AppData% in the file explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Now you can reinstall Spotify.

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @MaxieWoxy

If reboot helped somewhat, then I'd recommend reinstalling the app at this point. It might be that the program needs a bit of a refresh. 🙂

This is how to do a clean reinstall:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.

2. Go to %AppData% in the file explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Now you can reinstall Spotify.

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Thank you. Was just about to try that after the reboot didn't work. Then all of the sudden things just came back to normal - without even closing and reopening the app.

And it's happening again this morning. Also noticed someone else posted a different thread this morning with the same issue.

Hey @MaxieWoxy

Yeah, I noticed that too. It could be some kind of an in-program glitch that the clean reinstall would be able to erase. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Reinstalled Spotify a week or so ago. Having this same issue AGAIN. I am not alone. Talked to a friend who said he had the same thing happen last week.

I too am having this same issue. Just started within the last couple weeks.

I highlight the track(s) I want to add > add to playlist > locate the folder I want to put them in but the playlists do not show. The other way - I highlight the track(s) and try to drag + drop into the playlist and there is a circle with an slash through it that will not allow me to complete add.    

Untitled1.png

Suggested posts