NEXT STEP

Can't change place for cache

Can't change place for cache

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10,etc

Question or Issue

I would like to move the place for offline and cache, but I don't have that  option under advanced settings. I just reinstalled spotify after resetting my computer. where can I find that setting now?

spotify setting.jpg
1 Reply

Hi there @stabro,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Currently it's not possible to change the Cache folder location on Desktop. You should be able to change the location where downloaded songs are stored from the app settings though. If you cannot see this option in the Advanced Settings > Offline songs storage, we recommend you perform a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. Make sure to download the app from our website. You can check this thread for more info on how to clear your Local files folder if it's taking up too much drive space.

If you would like to see the option to change the Cache folder location in the future, go ahead and add your +Vote to this Idea. The more votes an idea gets the more likely it is to get implemented.

You can also have a look and try out the Solution workarounds that other users have posted about here.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts