Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10, latest Update

My Question or Issue

So, I never connected Spotify with my Facebook account, just didn't see the use for it. But lately I wanted to give it a try but whenever I click "Connect with Facebook!" in the Desktop app, nothing happens.

The button is reactive, but nothing opens, nothing happens.

I have tried logging in via Facebook, but it just creates a new account.

Any help is appreciated.

g23.gif
11 Replies

Hello, welcome to the community.

Were you able to try this through the login page? Let me know how that goes 🙂

Thanks,

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I can't even open the link you sent me. But if you mean the "LOGIN" page where it says "Login with facebook", it just creates a new Spotify account with my Facebook name.

Thanks for the reply.

Did you try another browser? 

What is the error message being sent?

Let me know how it goes .

Billy-JSpotify Star

There's not much I can try. It just opens Spotify with my Facebook account, not the actual Spotify one.

And there is no Error message, it just won't open when I use the Spotify Desktop app.

Thanks for the reply. 

I will try to get all troubleshooting out of the way before further options. 

Do you have another device, or computer if available you can try this on?

Let me know how it goes:)

Billy-JSpotify Star

The only thing I have is my IPhone, which is connected to the same Spotify account.

Not sure if it works on there, never seen it.

Hello. I have the exact issue as you do, I think what the devs need to fix is that the pop up appears when you Alt Tab, but you cannot click nor interact with it. I've heard from people that you can press alt and space, or alt and the + button to switch to it, however it didn't work very much for me. When you press the sign up with facebook button, try to alt tab and see if there's a window looking like picture attached.

Screenshot_2.png

Thanks for the reports.

I would suggest you to use Windows Desktop to connect to Facebook. If you want to try on mobile then sign out of Facebook and clear the browsers cache (that is worth for the desktop browsers as well). 

Hope this helps 🙂 Let me know how it goes.

Billy-JSpotify Star

this is an issue for both desktop mode and mobile. this is the worst reply you could've possibly given. 

when doing it on mobile it redirects you straight back onto the page when youre done connecting it. removing the app from fb and trying to connect back seems to only be registered from the facebook side.

I heard about the ALT  thing as well, but no pop up for me, sadly.

And like germandiana said, when I do it via FaceBook, it creates a new Spotify account, it doesn't connect my current one.

Found a temporary solution. 

I downloaded version Spotify 1.0.66.478 after uninstalling the store app and launched the old one, gone to settings and selected connect to facebook. A small window appeared and I could connect it.

I can't link you the file (forum rules) but this is the defnite solution to this issue as I've just done it, and I'm connected to facebook.

Just remember that you cannot instal a seperate spotify software as long as there's the app store version on your machine.

Suggested posts