Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't download Spotify

Solved!

Can't download Spotify

Hello!

I have a new computer and cannot download Spotify on my new computer that I have.
Have tried to disable the firewall on my computer but still doesn't it?
On my new computer, I have windows 7 and my last record, I had windows 7 with.

This response I got when I downloaded Spotify:

The installer was unable to connect to the internet. Please make sure the computer is connected to the internet and that no firewall is blocking the connection and try again.
Error code: 51

My internet works great and have tried with my firewall, no error at all. Must be a bug or reached. Please help me fix this problem soon!
Hear from you soon! Greetings
90 Replies

@mayathabee wrote:

Hi,

I'm using Mac 10.5.8 and my Spotify was working fine until recently when it kept crashing.  So I tried to reinstall it, as this had helped sometimes in the past.  However, now when I download the installer I keep getting an error message saying an error occurred while trying to install Spotify and now I can't even install it. I have a premium account and really miss my music 😞 any help would be much appreciated. 

Maya

Hi, and welcome to the Community!

Please note Spotify no longer supports Mac OSX 10.5.x

Please see this post with info and a fix for it

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I have a Mac OS 10.8.3 and can't install spotify. I download the 122 kbs file from the download section, execute it... it downloads something and then it says the image doesn't work and it suggests me to try it again... I've tried it plenty of times now with no results 😞

Is there any direct installation file? I saw one for Windows... is there anything like that for OS?

Thanks!

Marked as solution

@Zanzamar wrote:

I have a Mac OS 10.8.3 and can't install spotify. I download the 122 kbs file from the download section, execute it... it downloads something and then it says the image doesn't work and it suggests me to try it again... I've tried it plenty of times now with no results 😞

Is there any direct installation file? I saw one for Windows... is there anything like that for OS?

Thanks!

Try http://download.spotify.com/Spotify.dmg

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

My Spotify quit working and the solution of the problem was to uninstall Norton and reinstall it. 

Thank you very much, Peter!! 😄

Now I can listen spotify!!! 😄

Huzzah! worked perfectly! many thanks.

"I will slay you, Vandheer Lorde!"

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Thank you so much!!! Nothing was working for me. Tried uninstatlling and redownloading spotify. Wasn't working but Peter's link worked.

Thanks again!! 🙂

Thanks everybody for your help.  I was able to download Spotify after uninstalling Norton and reinstalling it.

Thanks, this worked 🙂 x

Hi

I also can't download Spotify to my pc. I had it, but this morning, it wouldn't initiate. So I uninstalled it. When I run the setup.exe, the Spotify Installer says "Unable to download Spotify". I have a good internet connection, and it works fine if I just run it on the internet. 

Hopefully, 

MNissen

@MNissen wrote:

Hi

I also can't download Spotify to my pc. I had it, but this morning, it wouldn't initiate. So I uninstalled it. When I run the setup.exe, the Spotify Installer says "Unable to download Spotify". I have a good internet connection, and it works fine if I just run it on the internet. 

Hopefully, 

MNissen

Welcome to the Community! have you tried Restarting the Computer?

Marked as solution

@555michael wrote:

@MNissen wrote:

Hi

Hopefully, 

MNissen

Welcome to the Community! have you tried Restarting the Computer?

Try using this installer too and see if it helps: http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe

Peter

Peter

Oh, yes, I forgot to mention - yes I did try that, thank you.
I also tried being connected to the internet in 3 ways, - LAN, wifi, and wifi VPN.
No difference...

Thanks, Peter - that other installer did the trick!

best,

Mnissen

I tried that and I was when I tried to log in, I got a message that said something about Error 101? What can I do to be able to download Spotify? 

Spotify downloaded but I can't log in? I get an error 101 message.

Error 101 is a client side connection based error almost always caused by a firewall or other security software preventing Spotify from connecting. Can you try disabling your firewalls or security software and see if you can then connect? Alternatively, if might need to add Spotify to its exceptions list. There is some extra help here

Peter

I added to the exceptions list and I'm still getting an Error 101 message when I try to log in?

@RachelElkins13 wrote:

I added to the exceptions list and I'm still getting an Error 101 message when I try to log in?

Are you sure there is no other security/firewalls running, including on your internet router? 

Peter

I don't believe so. How do I check my router? 

Suggested posts