Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

Can't expand an artist albums into a long list of song in the new UI.

Seriously why was that removed? Why force people to make playlists with all album of an artist when they should not need too.
Also it makes it harder to just browse song.

Updating a UI should not make it worse.

6 Replies

Hey @revener, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern, and first I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback as it means a lot to Spotify. Spotify is often testing and launching improvements and new features.

You can create a new Idea about this here if this is something you would like to see change or improve, and once again I thank you for your feedback.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

For real, fix this. Stop removing the option to customize things as if we're little kids who don't know what we're doing. Really poor oversight by the design team here.

"You can create a new Idea about this here if this is something you would like to see change or improve, and once again I thank you for your feedback."

What ? The feature was there before the latest patch and have been ther since the beginning. It is kind of standard to be able to list and just play.
Removing NORMAL Standard function with an update is just dumb.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your posts.

As @Billy-J has suggested, creating an ideas is the best way to go about this. Like this, your feedback goes directly to the developer team. If enough users support the idea, there is a big chance that it would be implemented in future updates.

Note that some design decisions can't be rolled back, but the developer team is constantly trying to improve the user experience and it's important to hear what users want.

Hope this makes sense.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I totally agree.. If I click on my favorite artists I want all their albums to show up expanded... Album by album with songs in correct album order. Just like it has always been... I cant even understand why you want to try to do something else? Now the interface just got bad....

Hi folks,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

The discography list-like view is a highly requested feature to come back and we can confirm that the teams in charge are already working on it - this should return in an future update. Even though we don't have a specific date for when this will happen, we recommend keeping the app updated so you don't miss any new features and fixes.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts