Can't find URI after Spotify desktop update

Solved!

Can't find URI after Spotify desktop update

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

After the Spotify Desktop update I can't find the playlist URI option? It isn't under the "share" option like it used to be. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @postmodernfade,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

The sharing options for the new desktop app will only show "Copy link" and "Copy embed code” by default. However, if you hold down a modifier key while in the share menu, you will then see the option to “Copy Spotify URI.”

On a Mac computer, holding down “control” or “option” while in the share menu allows me to copy a Spotify URI; so on a Windows computer, I would recommend trying holding down one of the equivalent keys, “Ctrl” or “Alt,” while in the share menu.

For more information, feel free to check this similar thread from a couple of weeks ago.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @postmodernfade,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

The sharing options for the new desktop app will only show "Copy link" and "Copy embed code” by default. However, if you hold down a modifier key while in the share menu, you will then see the option to “Copy Spotify URI.”

On a Mac computer, holding down “control” or “option” while in the share menu allows me to copy a Spotify URI; so on a Windows computer, I would recommend trying holding down one of the equivalent keys, “Ctrl” or “Alt,” while in the share menu.

For more information, feel free to check this similar thread from a couple of weeks ago.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Holy TreyAnastasio! You just blew my mind! I thought Spotify URIs were gone forever! I wish Spotify were more transparent about this change.

Suggested posts