Announcements

Can't install Spotify because I'm using administrator account?

Solved!

Can't install Spotify because I'm using administrator account?

jercho
Casual Listener

I'm using Windows 7, and of course I'm the administrator...

Why does the Spotify program refuse to install, and tell me I can't install it on an administrator account, but only on a normal account.

Whut??

I got one account, one user, it's me!

There must be a way to install Spotify regardless what account you have on the computer?

I'm speechless, never ever encountered this issue before in any of my programs!

Screenshot_20181006-221021.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Can't install Spotify because I'm using administrator account?

jercho
Casual Listener

Hi.

I actually just found the solution minutes before your comment, https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/quot-Please-install-Spotify-using-a-normal-account-instead...

But I think it's strange that Spotify releases an app with that kind of installation bug..

I had to set the app to compatibility mode for Windows 7, even thou I'm running Windows 7, but that apparently worked..

I also needed to search Google to find that post, I didn't find it by searching here..

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Loxer
Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey @jercho, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Please check this thread for a more advanced uninstallation of Spotify. To install Spotify just download it from here.
Try to create another user account and install Spotify there as well to see if that makes a difference.

Let me know how that goes 🙂

LoxerRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Solution!

jercho
Casual Listener

Hi.

I actually just found the solution minutes before your comment, https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/quot-Please-install-Spotify-using-a-normal-account-instead...

But I think it's strange that Spotify releases an app with that kind of installation bug..

I had to set the app to compatibility mode for Windows 7, even thou I'm running Windows 7, but that apparently worked..

I also needed to search Google to find that post, I didn't find it by searching here..

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS