Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Music] Add LOCAL FILES to Your Music

First of, I'm a huge fan of the new layout. 

But as the title says I'd like to add my own beloved local files to the "Your Music". I don't see why this shouldn't be a possibilty. This way I don't need to have one master playlist, I can just have all the music I like under "Your Music -> Songs".

Also, as suggested earlier, changing the font size could be usable to many people.

Updated on 2022-07-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

In the meantime there's a workaround we can suggest to ultimately get Local Files added to your Liked Songs on a mobile device:

First, add your personal music collection using the recently updated Local Files feature (Android/Desktop how toiOS how to) where they'll appear in Local Files. You can then add them to your playlists. Just right click > add to playlist.

Once your track is discovered on your mobile app, Once your track is discovered on your mobile app, you'll be able to tap the heart icon to add it to your Liked Songs as you would any other track. Keep in mind, that it is currently not possible to add Local Files to Liked Songs on the desktop app.

We know it's not ideal, but hope that it will be useful for some of you.

If there are any new updates, rest assured we'll let you know,

Cheers!

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Marked as new idea. This idea requests the ability to add music from your local files directly to "Your Music". At the moment this is only possible via a workaround (adding the local file to a playlist and save every song of the playlist).

You might also be interested to add your kudos to a similar idea about adding all local files automatically to Your Music here. 😉

m_listed

Marco, that "workaround" doesn't work, by the way.

puno61

This is exactly what I think Spotify needs! I would like Spotify to completely replace my music app on my iphone. The last update was a big step in the right direction, but I still have to use my standard music app for listening  to music which is unavailble on Spotify (Beatles). It would be great if I could arrange my own music into albums, as putting them in playlists is ugly and unnecesary.

RC-1290

The 'library' button used to show all music, including local files. It looks like it was replaced by 'Songs' under 'Your Music' . Unfortunately 'Songs' doesn't replicate all functionality yet.

kanariezwart

I second this enhancement. Tag local numbers into a 'local album' (for example a Beatles album, which is not available yet within the Spotify resources). In spotify be able to sync a local album (eg PC/laptop) to my mobile

dhoulb
Not sure why anyone would launch Your Music without this functionality??? Was it really SO important to get it launched that you had to leave out pretty vital core functionality?
JairCrawford

Yes. This is essential. I want to be able to shuffle all of my music in one place, including local files.

xyzz

Please fix this!

MattSuda

Local files support will be added to Your Music sometime in the future. Don't worry. No ETA as to when it will be supported yet. 

smawuascht

Brilliant Idea - I was just about to write something simmilar