Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't listen to new songs + other issues

Can't listen to new songs + other issues

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello, I recently changed home networks and Spotify has been giving me a lot of issues lately. When I first got onto this new network, I was able to listen to songs that were in my playlists. (I would click 'shuffle' on a playlist and things seemed to work.) However, one day, I tried looking up a new song that I haven't listened to before, and when I double clicked on it, it didn't play. For instance, this song shown in the screenshot I have never played before on this computer/internet connection, and it's not playing at all and the album artwork on the bottom right side doesn't show up either:

exag_0-1602192127938.png

When I double click on a playlist that I've already made and listened to, Spotify will play the songs:

exag_1-1602192269918.png

Also, another weird thing is that certain playlists which I have listened to before are not allowing me to even view them. For example, this playlist, which was created by Spotify for me, won't let me even open the list of songs let alone play anything in them:

exag_2-1602192406202.png

I click on the playlist name and even tried double clicking and pressing the "play" botton that pops up when you hover over the playlist...but nothing plays.

This never used to happen on my old internet connection. I looked up other forum posts: I tried a fresh install of Spotify, I tried updating the "hosts" file in Notepad which was recommended by another forum post, and I even tried updating the DNS settings (to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4) in the Network options of my computer.

Does anyone have any ideas about how I can fix this? I have a really great connection: Download is about 100 and upload is around 5 mbps...amazing speed.

Thank you!

1 Reply

Hey @exag,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!     

We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread. Just to make sure that we're on the same page - you've tried the steps for a clean reinstall in this guide and clearing the hosts file using the instruction in this article? If there are any differences we ask you to give it one more go with these steps, as we've made sure that they are as thorough as possible so that all app files get built anew from the ground up. This usually solves issues like the ones you're experiencing.

If that's the case an you're still experiencing difficulties, could you give it a go using both the app version from the Microsoft Store, as well as the one from our website? It's a good idea to also check your firewall setting and make sure that Spotify is added as an exception.

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away 🙂

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts