Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login to Spotify app or go on Spotify.com in any browser

Solved!

Can't login to Spotify app or go on Spotify.com in any browser

Please help! I can't get Spotify to work on my pc (Windows 10)...but it works fine on my android.

Some of these events may not be related, but I want to make sure I include anything that may be the cause of the problem.

The internet service in my area was down for a while yesterday. When it came back on, I tried to access my songs on the app, but it was stuck in Offline Mode...even though I was now able to go online and access websites on Chrome. I tried restarting the program a few times, as well as my computer...nothing. I tried changing the proxy type in the settings to "HTTP", as suggested on the community board, but that didn't help either.

So I tried uninstalling Spotify. My Iobit Uninstaller prompted me to remove extra info from the registry, but I declined, because I wasn't sure if it might remove something I'd need when reinstalling.

Then I tried to go on the spotify website to redownload the program, but it just kept freezing and saying "This site can't be reached". I even tried going to spotify.com on firefox and edge, and kept getting the same result. I can only access and login to the community section of the site. Also, the app opens just fine on my android.

I was now able re-download and install the Spotify app to my pc from the Microsoft Store, but when I tried logging in using Facebook, it opens the Microsoft Edge browser briefly, and closes...it can't reach Spotify.

So to recap, I can't login to my Spotify account on the app, or open Spotify.com in any browser...I can only login to the Spotify Community section.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Userdude

Are your mobile and computer on different Internet connections?

Either way I'd recommend restarting your router to see if this improves the situation.

Let me know how it goes! ๐Ÿ™‚

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Userdude

Are your mobile and computer on different Internet connections?

Either way I'd recommend restarting your router to see if this improves the situation.

Let me know how it goes! ๐Ÿ™‚

SebastySpotify Star

Well that was annoyingly simple...haha.

I didn't think it was a router issue since my internet was working fine, as well as all the other devices connected to it.

Anyway I just restarted the router, and Spotify opened like nothing ever happened, lol.

Thanks a lot man! 

I guess there was a network glitch as a result of whatever happened on your ISP's end. I'm glad this issue got sorted! ๐Ÿ™‚

Enjoy your music! ๐ŸŽถ

SebastySpotify Star

Suggested posts