Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't open spotify!

Solved!

Can't open spotify!

Hello!

Today when I tried to open spotify, it wouldn't open.

It worked yesterday and it still works on my mobile so there is something wrong with the app on the computer.

I have tried uninstalling, rebooted my computer. I can't even find the spotify folder, the only folder that is there is in User/AppData/roaming/spotify it doesn't exist in C:/Program, C:/, C:/Program(x86) or C:/ProgramData.

When I click on the the app it starts loading but the program never comes up. The Process Spotify.exe *32 is running in my processes but it uses 00 CPU and the kB is on a constant 4368.

How can I fix this?

My windows is up to date and it is windows 7 ultimate 64-bit.

55 Replies

So, I dont know if the issue is solved or not but i had the same issue and just found a solution.

I relocated Spotify from AppData (to open AppData open your search tool on your pc and type "%AppData%" and press ENTER) to another map (my program map) then i opened the spotify map and launched "SpotifyLauncher.exe" as admin.

Hope it works for you too 🙂

Thank you so much!!! ❤️ My spotify wouldent open it just said it stopped working but when i reinstalled it and runned as admin it workd! thank you so much!!!!

What do you suggest I do if I'm having the same problem but don't see Spotify in the "User/AppData/roaming/" folder?  The only place I see Spotify saved on my computer is in the Downloads folder, and when I click on it, nothing happens.  

Delete everything that you can find wich has something to do with Spotify.
And install a new fresh installation of Spotify

Done that several times already. 😞
I guess I'll just have to do without Spotify on my desktop cause nothing I've tried to do so far has worked to install it.

This works for me too 🙂

I relocated Spotify from AppData (to open AppData open your search tool on your pc and type "%AppData%" and press ENTER) to another map (my program map) then i opened the spotify map and launched "SpotifyLauncher.exe" as admin.

I had the same problem but couldn't move Spotify to either Program Files folder on my company laptop. I keep current docs in a folder I created and named C:Current Working Files, moved the Spotify folder there and it immediately worked fine.

I tried this and it did not work 😞

What else can I do?

I tried this, but it does not work.

What else can I do?

Hi!
I also can't open my Spotify. When I opened it today it said "Log in" or "Sign up" (I didn't log out of my account). I tried to log in but it just said "you already made an account with this e-mail account". I tried to power off my phone and open up again, uninstall and install again, cleared chache, but nothing worked. I hope you can help me

Hi, I already tried uninstalling my app on desktop many times already, but it wouldn't uninstall. Can someone help me please. Thanks

Marked as solution

When you try to move the Spotify folder from C:\Users\Morgan\AppData\Roaming to C:\Program Files (x86), it still says Spotify is already running. you have to open up task manager, hit more details, and scroll down to turn off everything that says Spotify. then move the folder, and it'll work.

I too can't open my Spotify, at first i tried to uninstall it and re-install it back but it shows the same thing , when i re-installed it back it still shows the same problem anybody know how to fix this?

urggh.PNG

I did the thing where you move the files and now it says that i cant find it and its not installed anymore on my pc

Hi, i can't Open, uninstall or even search for the base files for spotify. and it's also killed any steam run app i had. when i go to search for the base files in my file explorer for windows ten, it gets about halfway into loading that green bar up, then my screen whites out, resetting the desktop. i can search for chrome. for my fonts. and even my pictures, but not steam

also this dsound.dll error came with another error just like it, but i was too **bleep** to pay too close attention. something about another program might not be disgned for windows. 

anyway. i need help. spotify help center is a bust.

Maybe there's something wrong with your Chrome browser. Try pressing Windows Key + R and type "C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe -no-sandbox" (without quotes), this works for me since Spotify uses Chrome browser plugin.

Screenshot_12.png

Suggested posts